1. Mary Dexter
    Mary Dexter October 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm | | Reply

So he doesn’t fit the profile of a typical Type 2 and does better on insulin and carb-counting than meds. A tale we’ve all heard (and many of us have told). And below is the announcement of LADA Awareness Week. Hmmmm.

2. Paul Sorensen
    Paul Sorensen October 14, 2011 at 6:32 pm | | Reply

Ronnie

It goes without saying, Diabetes is a life changer. My brother and I are type 1, our younger sister is type 2.
    The ultimate similarity comes when you have had diabetes for several years, and the complications set in.
    I test 7-8 times a day. My brother tests once a day, and my sister tests randomly.
    Ultimately diabetes is personal. You prod and push, but the diabetic has to maintain for themself with a clear outlook to what the future may bring them.
    I’m glad you have discovered a path.

3. Natalie
    Natalie October 14, 2011 at 7:01 pm | | Reply

Wonderful post, Ronnie! Did I ever tell you that I love you? :-)

4. Ronnie Gregory
    Ronnie Gregory October 15, 2011 at 7:39 am | | Reply

@ Amy and Mary – There was so much turmoil during my initial diagnosis that I once wondered If I was misdiagnosed but over the years I was doing so well just on Oral Meds that It kinda fell on the back burner. Recently though that Inkling has been coming back and I actually plan on broaching the subject during my next Endo visit.

@ Paul – Yes the dynamic is very interesting especially for me being a type 2 for so long and believing that I my diabetes knowledge is quite high until I encounter someone whose diabetes fight is quite the polar opposite of mine. Am sure your views on diabetes are quite unique due to the intimate nature of your encounter with it.( having siblings with both types)
    @ Thanks Natalie am sure you did but please tell me again LOL

5. Meagan
    Meagan October 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm | | Reply

Fabulous post Ronnie! Loved reading about the bond you and Joe have formed. Regardless of type, we can all understand each other’s distress when blood sugars don’t cooperate. We’re definitely in this together. Thanks for sharing this story. :)

6. Ronnie Gregory