1. Nicolas Webb
    Nicolas Webb September 8, 2011 at 8:59 am | | Reply

Since I just got started on a DexCom 7 (I did my second sensor insertion this morning) having this information on something that’s part of my Every Day Carry (http://everyday-carry.com/) is quite nice. And I’m looking forward to viewing a graph on my nice iPhone Retina display, as opposed to the one on the DexCom receiver

2. Drafter
    Drafter September 8, 2011 at 9:18 am | | Reply

I’ll check this out. Like the step-by-step feature that I see.

3. anne
    anne September 8, 2011 at 12:25 pm | | Reply

would be useful if it displayed CGM data. otherwise how is this any different from browsing the webiste? if it is a step towards getting a usable interface for CGM data then I guess that is a good thing.

4. Katerina
    Katerina September 9, 2011 at 9:15 am | | Reply

Are they kidding? Why don’t they try to make something usefull for a change. Why spend money on something like this? You can use the web through your iPhone anyway if it is urgent to refresh your memory as to how to insert your sensor. If it is a step towards something usefull I would appreciate if they just kept quiet until they have someting real to offer. It really makes me mad that they do meaningless changes or moves and we are supposed to jump up and down with joy. I am sorry I am tired and I am looking for something that would make a real difference in our lives.

5. Debbie
    Debbie September 19, 2011 at 10:16 am | | Reply

Why doesn’t Dexcom help current customers like extend the warranty on the Dexcom 7? I have a Dexcom 7 Plus and believe me I wish I had gone with one of the other CGM’s. The Dexcom 7 isn’t sealed so dust, dog hair, etc gets under the face of it. The light quit working so I called for replacement. I was told by CS rep. to trash it and buy a new one because it was 2 mos out of warranty period(1yr) and Dexcom doesn’t work on them. CS rep said “your ins. will pay for a new one won’t they?”. Nope, why would ins. pay for a replacement when original only worked properly for 14mos. Then I was given cash price of $500. Why would I pay $500 now, next yr pay for another one, next yr… so on.

Get this, the website at time of purchase said the download would work with MAC computers. I had trouble with it so I contacted an Apple software engineer to work on it for me. It was false advertisement, Apple engineer contacted Dexcom tech support manager and was told after some discussion it wouldn’t work alone on a MAC computer. Stay away from Dexcom.

Yes this CGM is upsetting to me and to think they work on something so simple as an IPhone app. Use your IPhone for apps that actually are beneficial and buy a different brand CGM.

6. headstrong
    headstrong December 9, 2011 at 11:15 am | | Reply

I’d just like my bs readings to go directly to my iphone. It’s always on me…this big receiver is one more damn thing to find a place to put! Add it to my pump, phone & bs meter and I need to start wearing cargo pants! Please, dexcom, simplify and integrate the seven with the iphone!

7. steve crawford
    steve crawford July 19, 2012 at 3:28 am | | Reply

ive had type 1 diabetes since 1989 i have also been on minimed pump eqal amount /time no serious complications 3 months ago started dexcom 7 plus i cant say enough good about it it is very simple to use a child could use it my a1c is now in the 5s any and all types of diabetics should be on dexcom it is the i think best thing except a cure to come along with dexcom /insulin pump you really can take complete cotrol of your diabetes my sincere thanks to minimed and dexcom ps ive also used minimeds cgm but dexcom is more accurate and less painful and last much longer

8. Steve
    Steve April 25, 2013 at 8:40 am | | Reply

I saw a video demonstration of a doctor who had the i phone working as the cgm reciever for the dexcom4. I was very sad to see this isn’t out yet- how great would it be to not have to lug that receiver along…..I would get a new dexcom in a nanosecond if this was available.