1. Sysy
    Sysy September 7, 2011 at 6:48 am | | Reply

Exciting stuff! Good luck :)

2. Meri
    Meri September 7, 2011 at 9:46 am | | Reply

Wow! I applaud their efforts!

3. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell September 7, 2011 at 3:29 pm | | Reply

Thanks Amy for the details on Glu. I’d read some about it on Scott Johnson’s site, and I appreciate the extra information. If Glu gains traction maybe they could ‘influence’ device makers to make it easier to upload/share data. I hope to get access as a beta tester soon.

4. kathy
    kathy September 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | | Reply

As a statistics buff, I am excited about the number crunching aspect of this. I will definitely join.

5. Meg
    Meg September 8, 2011 at 3:13 pm | | Reply

I don’t get it. You can call me paranoid (and I probably am), but why would anyone be willing to give up private health information to this site? I didn’t read the security Q&A because no matter what it says, once private information is posted online it is NOT private.

6. DiabetesChoices Daily Digest Sept 9 2011 : DiabetesChoices

[...] MyGlu is a new registry of people with type 1 diabetes in the USA, which aims to  provide social networking, opportunities to find out about and take part in trials and a resource of data about type 1 diabetes. It has been launched by the Helmsley Charitable Trust and is currently in beta testing. The launch is reported on the DiabetesMine blog. [...]

7. Khurt Williams
    Khurt Williams September 10, 2011 at 7:56 pm | | Reply

Summary: give us all your medical health data and we’ll use it to help medical device and pharma companies develop treatments and devices that can then be sold to you.

8. Ollie
    Ollie December 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm | | Reply

There are lots of online diabetes forums and support groups, why have they built another instead of joinin the existing efforts? Seems like a waste of the money and an attempt to further commercialise the condition.

Everyone knows what type ones want: a cure. Go spend money on that instead of expensive websites and you’ll win the communities’ support and respect.

9. Social Networking’s Impact on Diabetes Management…? : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] Joyce Lee, a pediatric endo who is director of research for Glu, a new combined data repository and online community that is also pushing to gather more data about the DOC impact on patient health, sees great [...]