1. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell August 28, 2011 at 6:30 am | | Reply

Another great cartoon Haidee, best wishes for your future adventures.

2. kim
    kim August 28, 2011 at 8:00 am | | Reply

i have enjoyed your cartoons, and have a few of my favourites stuck to my fridge. i will wiss you 8( best of luck for your future.

3. Haidee
    Haidee August 28, 2011 at 9:07 am | | Reply

Thanks Kim and Bernard. It’s been a great opportunity but the Bird has to stretch her wings, so to speak. Stay tuned….ooxx H

4. eli
    eli August 28, 2011 at 9:13 am | | Reply

have enjoyed your sense of humor and creativity…good luck with your future endeavors!!

5. Alex
    Alex August 28, 2011 at 9:24 am | | Reply

Too bad Diabetes Mine is losing Haidee. Her art was the main reason i even looked at this website. This is one of the best ones yet! You are going places, Haidee!

6. Julie
    Julie August 28, 2011 at 9:27 am | | Reply

I will miss the Sunday Funnie!!!! No one can fill Haidee’s shoes. NOONE!

7. DiaJarHead
    DiaJarHead August 28, 2011 at 9:28 am | | Reply

Good one Haidee! Can’t tell you how excited I am for your future plans and successes. Best to you.

8. clyde
    clyde August 28, 2011 at 9:30 am | | Reply

As usual you hit it on the head with this one. I’m sad it will be your last. Guess I’ll have to find a different outlet now that you are going haidee. thanks!!!!

9. clyde
    clyde August 28, 2011 at 9:31 am | | Reply

DM: Why are you losing her????

10. sarah
    sarah August 28, 2011 at 9:55 am | | Reply

I will greatly miss Haidee’s weekly cartoons. each one is so unbelievably creative and unique. great one today!!!

11. DC Scribe
    DC Scribe August 28, 2011 at 11:09 am | | Reply

What a sad day. The only reason I had for occassionally dipping into DiabetesMine was to see – and savor – Haidee’s cartoons. The DOC sorely needs a sense of humor and these cartoons are one of the few places I can find them. Now that they’re gone it will be hard to find a good reason to come back with regularity. What a pity.

12. DiabeticFury
    DiabeticFury August 28, 2011 at 11:20 am | | Reply

Great for you Haidee, and all the best to you! ‘Tis no surprise that your amazingly clever talents are taking you places; you are clearly winning in the category of the diabetes world’s most realistic humorists of all time. Bravo! Encore! We Love you!
    Sorry Diabetes Mine.

13. Rita Ferrandino
    Rita Ferrandino August 28, 2011 at 11:33 am | | Reply

Excited to continue to follow your work. Make sure to keep us informed as to what you are doing!

14. Gregory
    Gregory August 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm | | Reply

Aw, geez. I was just getting into this. I look forward to seeing your work in other places Haidee. Good luck!

15. mark
    mark August 28, 2011 at 1:19 pm | | Reply

CRAP, you are leaving??? You were somehow able to make me laugh while I cried at the dark side of my diabetes. Your cartoons gave me comfort at the absurdity of me trying to be a pancreas. “FUN STUFF” was naive. “REAL STUFf” is what you gave us. You will be missed Haidee.

Mark

16. Eric
    Eric August 28, 2011 at 1:44 pm | | Reply

The internet is filled with websites about diabetes written by “experts” who are not diabetic or were recently diagnosed. There is certainly a place for this, but I read an article about Haidee and it mentioned she is a life-long type 1. I too have been type 1 for almost 50 years. So few people can understand what Haidee’s comics mean because they don’t have the experience that Haidee does. It shows in her drawings and it’s no BS. I look forward to seeing your work in the future! I’ll miss these Sunday comic’s Haidee. Good luck!

17. Dr. Grady - CartoonMD.com
    Dr. Grady - CartoonMD.com August 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm | | Reply

Haidee,

Your cartoons will be sorely missed here, but we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Your cartoons bring hope, inspiration, a sense of cameraderie, and a plain old laugh to people in the diabetes community – especially those with diabetes.

While I am a diabetes “expert” of sorts, my cartoons can never compete with your cartoons since yours are born and delivered with the personal and heartfelt perspective that only someone with diabetes can deliver.

We will follow you and your work wherever you go.

Justin

Justin Grady Matrisciano MD FACE
    “Dr. Grady” – CartoonMD.com

18. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson August 28, 2011 at 6:37 pm | | Reply

Sorry to see you go Haidee, but as others have said, I will gladly follow and support wherever you go.

19. Kim
    Kim August 28, 2011 at 8:26 pm | | Reply

Best of luck in your new endeavors, Haidee! So many of us, me included, love what you do.

20. Kerri.
    Kerri. August 28, 2011 at 8:48 pm | | Reply

I hope you’ll continue to share your work, Haidee. Your stuff is funny in a way that no one else dares to be … and that makes me want to thump my chest and throw diabetes gang signs. :)

Good luck in whatever comes next, and your fan base will surely follow!

21. Ninja-Weapons
    Ninja-Weapons August 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm | | Reply

This was a great comic, not so much because it was humorous, but because it’s true!

22. Tim
    Tim August 29, 2011 at 5:01 am | | Reply

Sorry to see Haidee go. Her comics are so genuine. She really “gets it”. Oh, well, bet of luck in the future Haidee. I’m sure we’ll see your work somewhere.