1. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog July 28, 2011 at 7:24 am | | Reply

I love math, too! I think my daughter gets her mad math skills from learning to count carbs! (Or good genetics, wink!)

So glad to hear from Suzi. I consider Michael a friend and I can’t wait to become friends with Suzi IRL, too!

2. tmana
    tmana July 28, 2011 at 7:07 pm | | Reply

LOL re: Harry Potter. I’m the same way with James Bond.

3. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson July 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm | | Reply

Love this post Suzi! Thanks for taking such good care of Mike!

4. Michael Hoskins
    Michael Hoskins July 29, 2011 at 6:50 am | | Reply

Wouldn’t be able to do this without, Suz! Love you, and thanks for being such a Loving and Supporting Spouse. Oh, and don’t worry: you are anything but boring! Now, I think it’s about time for you to write that post about what your life as a D-Wife would be like if you were in fact married to Harry Potter… :) )

5. Janelle
    Janelle July 29, 2011 at 11:08 am | | Reply

I loved reading this. I have been a diabetic for 17 years. I am with my current fiancee for almost 3 and he has only once, well twice now, went to an appt with me. The second was just last week as I finally gave in and got an insulin pump. There are still times when I crawl to the kitchen with lows because he won’t wake up enough to realize what I am telling him. He doesn’t show any interest, and that scares me, and frankly makes me very sad. I complain about it and he asks what a diabetic spouse is suppose to be like… but I have no answer, I haven’t been one. I just would like a little interest to be shown in my diabetes. This post really helped me annswer a few questions. If anyone has anymore insight, please let me know!

6. Larry Hoskins
    Larry Hoskins July 31, 2011 at 6:16 pm | | Reply

I really enjoyed Suzi’s post. I am Mike’s Dad and feel very fortunate that he found someone like Suzi who has learned a lot about Diabetes over the years. I am 6 hours away from them by car. I am comforted by the thought that Mike now has Suzi to help him when he needs it. I have been a D-husband for 33 years and can certainly relate to what Suzi talks about. It is not easy trying to help when you are so scared by seeing someone you love have these sometimes terrible lows. I have given glucagon many times over the years and have had the sh** scared out of me more times than I can count. But it has been worth it; learning about diabetes and helping to take care of those I love. Thanks again Suzi for expressing your thoughts in a very funny and interesting way.