1. Erica
    Erica July 21, 2011 at 6:23 am | | Reply

Great pictures! You look gorgeous!

2. Cathy Rogers
    Cathy Rogers July 21, 2011 at 6:26 am | | Reply

Allison, congratulations on your wedding! You look sensational in your beautiful wedding dress. Great idea about adding the pocket to your spanx — your pump doesn’t show at all under your lace and silk.

3. Deb
    Deb July 21, 2011 at 6:31 am | | Reply

What a radiant bride! I’m happy the ‘betes’ didn’t intrude TOO much on such a momentous day. Congratulations…

4. Wendy
    Wendy July 21, 2011 at 7:07 am | | Reply

You’re a beautiful bride! Best wishes for a long, healthy, happy future….CONGRATS :)

5. Stacey D.
    Stacey D. July 21, 2011 at 7:08 am | | Reply

You were a beautiful bride :) And I wasn’t the ideal PWD on my wedding day either. But you know what? Not going so far as totally ignoring it, we deserve a big day like that!

6. Meagan
    Meagan July 21, 2011 at 7:27 am | | Reply

Gorgeous Bride!!! Love the pics, thanks for sharing your special day with us. Love the pocket idea on the spanx, could work for many occasions where one needs to wear a pretty dress! Congratulations to you both!!! :)

7. Jeanne
    Jeanne July 21, 2011 at 7:31 am | | Reply

You were/are a gorgeous bride!! What a beautiful dress! Congratulations to you and your husband…

8. Denise
    Denise July 21, 2011 at 8:01 am | | Reply

Wow, you are so beautiful!! Your hair looks awesome.

You could also put the pump in a garter type thing on your calf right under your knee so you wouldn’t have to lift your dress as high. I red about someone who puts his pump in his sock! I wouldn’t go that low for a wedding though. Congrats.

9. Cary
    Cary July 21, 2011 at 9:32 am | | Reply

I almost sweated off my Omnipod during our wedding. It was a really hot and humid July day.

10. Hallie
    Hallie July 21, 2011 at 9:43 am | | Reply

Allison… this post bring tears to my eyes for so many reasons!
    First and most important- BEAUTIFUL! You look so beautiful! Weddings are such special days…
    I love seeing where you kept your pump and I’m so glad D behaved well for you! I think what gets me is that I can see myself armed with a Sprite on Sweetpea’s big day. At the ready – always. I am so happy that D didn’t interfere – not with your choice of dress and not with the fun you had. I love that. It’s inspiring. Truly!
    Thanks for sharing this! Wishing you a lifetime filled with laughter and love!

11. Colleen
    Colleen July 21, 2011 at 10:26 am | | Reply

Love. It. You are simply radiant, Allison!! And oh-so gorgeous, even when hiking up your dress! ;-)

12. Lauren
    Lauren July 21, 2011 at 11:07 am | | Reply

Allison!!!! You look soo beautiful!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your success so I can rest a little easier when my big day comes as well. Gorgeous!!!

13. Shauna McKenna
    Shauna McKenna July 21, 2011 at 11:09 am | | Reply

Allison, you are such a beautiful bride! The pocket is genius.

14. June S.
    June S. July 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm | | Reply

Congratulations, Allison! You were a beautiful bride! I wear a MM pump, too, and recall that when I still wore the Paradigm (522, I think) the MM rep. told me that they sold a remote for the purposes of bolusing. Wonder why they stopped making it, or don’t make it for the Revel (which is what I now wear.)

15. Diabetes on My Wedding Day. | Lemonade Life

[...] I don’t normally cross-link between the posts I write on DiabetesMine and the posts I write on Lemonade Life, but today’s post is all about my wedding! For those interested, I go into great detail about how I managed my diabetes and my solution for how to incorporate my insulin pump into my wedding dress. [...]

16. Katie
    Katie July 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm | | Reply

Congratulations! Your photos are gorgeous! I love your solution for the insulin pump.

17. Kimberly Green
    Kimberly Green July 21, 2011 at 2:42 pm | | Reply

Beautiful dress, sorry I couldn’t make it to the wedding.

18. Erica
    Erica July 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm | | Reply

I’m amused you didn’t mention running out of test strips and having to borrow mine. ;)

Diabetic Bridesmaid FTW!

19. colleen
    colleen July 21, 2011 at 3:58 pm | | Reply

Love the photos and you looked gorgeous!

20. Gayle
    Gayle July 21, 2011 at 4:09 pm | | Reply

What an absolutely gorgeous bride!! My 16 yr old daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago, and as a Mom, these are the things I think about as I wonder and worry about her future. What a humorous but inspiring tale you have told. Thank you for giving me hope!! Best wishes for a long, healthy and happy life with your new husband!

ps – can’t wait for the baby blog. But no pressure!! lol

21. ally
    ally July 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm | | Reply

gorgeous! congrats Allison! :)

22. riva
    riva July 21, 2011 at 5:40 pm | | Reply

Allison, you look like a million bucks! I trust you enjoyed every moment of your wedding even though it goes by in a flash. riva

23. Amanda Williams
    Amanda Williams July 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm | | Reply

Inspiring Story! Congratulations!

24. Robert Williams
    Robert Williams July 22, 2011 at 7:13 am | | Reply

Beautiful wedding! We wish you all the best in your future!

25. Verna
    Verna July 22, 2011 at 8:52 am | | Reply

Thank you for sharing! The insulin pump is a wonderful tool for managing diabetes and making it easier to function like a person without diabetes, but it certainly is not an easy fashion accessory.
    Congratulations on your marriage!

26. Top Wedding Questions
    Top Wedding Questions July 22, 2011 at 1:45 pm | | Reply

Thanks for sharing such personal information. We had a bride who was having the same predicament and your idea was really helpful to her, including what didn’t work. She actually ended up buying a dress that came with pockets! Apparently pockets are the big “in” thing this year – who knew?

I’ve been in the wedding business over 12 years now, seen a lot of brides (you looked amazing, really!!) and heard a lot of whining. You handled yourself and your issue with complete grace and acceptance. Kudos and happy life!.

27. Kendra Kroll
    Kendra Kroll July 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm | | Reply

hey Allison — Congrats, girl!! well, it seems you didn’t know about my PortaPocket carrying cases before your big day, but YES there IS a market! and not only for insulin pumps…it’s for all us gals who want to make sure the things we need are always handily accessible without worry…like ID, cash, cards, keys, lipstick, cell phones, etc. makes life easier. i designed this after accidentally dropping my spare tampon on the gym floor and getting mad. whoops! true. patent issued last year :) ) love for you to help me spread the word to gals (& even guys) everywhere… and even to Sara Blakely (spanx)…works over those too. come see me! http://www.portapocket.com (demo: http://bit.ly/dt71V) xoxox — Kendra (@PortaPocketGal)

28. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson July 24, 2011 at 1:49 am | | Reply

Congrats Allison! You look fabulous!

29. Richard
    Richard July 25, 2011 at 6:06 am | | Reply

late to it, but just wanted to say that:

a) I’m glad everything worked out on your wedding day!

b) That I’m glad you shared your experience, I linked this to a friend of mine who got engaged last week and already started stressing.

and of course

c) you look great!

30. Allison & Erik | July 9, 2011 » Paul Rich Studio

[...] hold Allison’s insulin pump.  She writes all about it on DiabetesMine in an article titled Diabetes on My Wedding Day.  Allison and Erik also clearly had a vision for their wedding day – one which incorporated [...]

31. {Wedding Wednesday} Getting Ready. | Lemonade Life

[...] stand there and look pretty.  After I was dressed, we took a few minutes to snap a picture of my insulin pump holder under my dress. I’m pretty sure I am one of few brides to ever request a photographer take a picture under [...]

32. Amy Gilbert
    Amy Gilbert April 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm | | Reply

Allison,
    Another spot to store your pump, that I think is more convenient, is in your bra. I keep mine tucked in there all the time. Congratulations on your marriage and I wish you many many years of happiness and good sugar levels! : )

Amy G
    Type 1 for 44 yrs.

33. 2 weeks | sweetestmotivation
    2 weeks | sweetestmotivation July 6, 2012 at 8:06 pm |

[...] “Diabetes on My Wedding Day” by AllisonB on http://www.diabetesmine.com [...]

34. calla
    calla April 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm | | Reply

Allison — I can’t believe I have never seen this before!! And I also didn’t realize you were using an insulin pump when you got married. I found this on pintrest and was like wait a min… “I know that girl!” Haha