1. Tracey
    Tracey June 26, 2011 at 6:48 am | | Reply

Would stubbornness be an acceptable answer?

I refuse to let people believe that being a T1 PWD means that I can’t do anything challenging. So four (going on 5) marathons, an Ironman and a few dozen other triathlons later, I’m still going.

I hate when people doubt my ability to do something, regardless as to if it is related to my diagnosis, and that only makes me want to do it more.

The fact that I’m in the best shape of my life and that running, swimming and biking make me feel awesome and lessen the stress of my job is a side benefit, really.

2. Tim
    Tim June 26, 2011 at 8:19 am | | Reply

I love the cartoon but I’m not sure I ever have the motivation to get to the gym.

3. David
    David June 26, 2011 at 10:29 am | | Reply

Ugh, I hate being sleepy enough to take a nap and having alarm go off for me to take a shot.

4. Haidee
    Haidee June 26, 2011 at 11:25 am | | Reply

Try not to think about the unpleasantries and just go through the motions that lead to the act of exercising. If I waited until I actually felt Luke doing it I would NEVER workout.

5. Haidee
    Haidee June 26, 2011 at 11:26 am | | Reply

Excuse the Biblical typo.

6. sarah
    sarah June 26, 2011 at 11:35 am | | Reply

it’s all about mental discipline (which i dont have) and haidee, you do.

7. eli
    eli June 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm | | Reply

motivation is something i could definitely use more of…and since i do not have a tv…it’s usually other things that don’t really allow much couch time…

8. Kim
    Kim June 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm | | Reply

I like Tracy’s comment. I do things because people think I can’t or shouldn’t. I do it to prove them wrong. They push me and I push back a little harder!
    The thing that motivates me the most is my little nephew. I want to be around and be healthy for him!
    Thanks Haidee! Very thought provoking!

9. Natalie Sera
    Natalie Sera June 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm | | Reply

Well, been there and done that, and had a coma as a result. Surviving a coma is a REALLY good motivator to keep that insulin flowing!

10. George
    George June 27, 2011 at 4:40 am | | Reply

The chances are directly related to how bad what’s on TV is.

11. Rita Ferrandino
    Rita Ferrandino June 27, 2011 at 5:33 am | | Reply

Love this week’s cartoon.

12. Greg