1. Grand Prize Winner Pancreum: A Small, Modular Artificial Pancreas … | Obesity Reviews

[...] h&#1077l&#1088&#1077d launch OmniPod w&#1110th Insulet Corp. See original article:Grand Prize Winner Pancreum: A Small, Modular Artificial Pancreas … Related Post : Leave a Comment for Grand Prize Winner Pancreum: A Small, Modular Artificial [...]

2. Grand Prize Winner Pancreum: A Small, Modular Artificial Pancreas … | Diabetes

[...] Grand Prize Winner Pancreum: A Small, Modular Artificial Pancreas … Tags: cgm, electronic, gil, guardian, insulet, omnipod, software, system, [...]

3. afteam
    afteam June 25, 2011 at 2:09 am | | Reply

Here is my entry by Revathi

4. health care » Blog Archive » Grand Rounds

[...] interviews Gil DePaula, contriver of a Pancreum and leader of this year’s DiabetesMine Design Challenge.  This nifty [...]

5. beth
    beth September 20, 2011 at 6:56 am | | Reply

I have a 13 year old boy w/ T1. We have been living w/ diabetes for 11 years. Gil- could you please have this ready by the time he goes to college? We are counting on you. B

6. Gil DePaula
    Gil DePaula October 1, 2011 at 6:15 pm | | Reply

Hi Beth,
    We are definitely trying. Thanks for the motivation!
    Take care,
    Gil

7. Meg
    Meg February 1, 2012 at 7:47 pm | | Reply

Gil, what a wonderful invention! I’ve had type 1 Diabetes, since I was 15 and I’m now 41 with some minor complications. Living with diabetes has been very difficult for me, it is something you live with daily. However, after reading your article, wow what an amazing concept. If you need a clinical trial PT, please count on me, I’d love to participate!!!

So, many people suffer from this illness and the complications are deadly. Good luck and I know you’ll make it…….

Meg

8. Meg
    Meg February 1, 2012 at 7:54 pm | | Reply

Gil, what a wonderful invention! I have type 1 Diabetes, since I was 15 and I’m now 41 with some minor complications. Living with diabetes has been very difficult for me, it is something you live with daily. However, after reading your article, wow what an amazing concept. I understand it’s ways away but, If you need a clinical trial PT, please count on me, I’d love to participate!!!

Meg

9. Joanna
    Joanna February 5, 2012 at 8:29 am | | Reply

Realistically, when do you see this available to the us?sign me up

10. Bob N.
    Bob N. February 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm | | Reply

I’ve been a type 1 diabetic since I was 14, I’m 66 now & using a Minimed pump which seems to have gone dormant w/regard to improvements. It’s unlikely, but I hope I’m still around when you bring this to market – it addresses the things I find as problems to my Paradigm pump. Nice thinking…

11. Gil de Paula
    Gil de Paula February 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm | | Reply

Hi Meg, Joanna, Bob,

Thank you for the kind words. We’re in middle of a v. c. funding process, while continuing our engineering efforts in a very tight budget.
    I don’t know when it will be in the market. All I know is that once properly funded, we will file with the FDA/CE/etc in less than 3 years.
    After that, well, the ball is going to be on the feds’ side of the court. Let’s wait and see what they’ll do with it.
    Regards,
    Gil

12. Sarah J. Marks
    Sarah J. Marks March 27, 2012 at 12:10 am | | Reply

Gil, I would JUMP at the chance to be part of your test group! I’m 39 years young, and have had T1D for 35 years–dx’d a few days shy of my 4th birthday. I started using the OmniPod system in May 2011, and while it’s been a total lifesaver, and I absolutely LOVE IT, the concept and components of your Pancreum closed-loop system is something I’ve been dreaming of–and hoping for–for a LONG time. In all seriousness, I would love to be part of your Pancreum project. How *CAN* I help out, become part of a test group, etc.? I look forward to your response. –Sarah J. marks

13. Gil de Paula
    Gil de Paula March 27, 2012 at 8:44 am | | Reply

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for your kind words and offer. Send me an email at gdepaula@pancreum.com), we’ll talk about it and I’ll keep your contact infor for possible participation when we get to that point (trials).
    Thanks again!
    Gil

14. Sofiane
    Sofiane April 8, 2012 at 4:14 pm | | Reply

WOW !!! well first excuse me for my english ! I have a T1 Diabete since i have 5 years old now i have 32 with somes minor complication and i feel my hypo when i am very low so i will have a paradigm veo with cgm in few weeks…. Your pancreum is just a MIRACLE for us we hope and whait that since so many years !!!! I whant ABSOLUTELY be one of your testing patients soon as possible !!! PLEASE keep on working and take us in touch for your progress… THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

15. Gil de Paula
    Gil de Paula April 8, 2012 at 4:51 pm | | Reply

Hi Sofiane,
    Thank you so much for the compliment and offer. Email me at gdepaula@pancreum.com and we’ll keep your contact info for potential participation when we get to that point (trials).
    Regards,
    Gil

16. Jeff Mabon
    Jeff Mabon July 31, 2012 at 10:15 am | | Reply

Hi Gil-

Very exciting stuff. I have been a diabetic for 33 years and a pump wearer for 24 years. I would love to participate in any clinical trials you emark upon. All the best to you!

Jeff

17. Gil de Paula
    Gil de Paula July 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm | | Reply

Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for volunteering. Please email me directly to gdepaula@pancreum.com and we’ll keep your contact info for potential participation in our future trials.
    Regards,
    Gil

18. Valerie
    Valerie August 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | | Reply

This is awesome! This gives me so much hope for my 4 yr. old son who was just dx’d in March of this year. I pray day and night for researchers and innovators with brilliant minds like yours Gil! Great job! I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to helping people with T1D!

19. Alexander
    Alexander September 24, 2012 at 12:12 am | | Reply

Hello!
    I have a Type 1 Diabet since i was 17 years old. I am 28 years old.
    I have some minor complication and i feel my hypo when the sugar is very low.
    Your Pancreum is just a real amazing device for people,which have diabet .
    We have been waiting this developments since first man has been appeared :) !
    I want to be one of your testing patient so much soon as it possible. And I real want being your tested persone !!!
    I want to ask you to continue to work in this direction … THANK you so much for this great hope!!!!!

20. Gil de Paula
    Gil de Paula September 24, 2012 at 7:42 am | | Reply

Hi Alexander,
    Thank you for your kind words. I’ve received your email too. I’ll respond from there.
    Best regards,
    Gil

21. Robert
    Robert November 4, 2012 at 7:26 pm | | Reply

It’s great o here good stuff like this, we donate money to get advances but nothing seams to happen. Can do pod or shots because of job, mini med has the market for me but I hope it changes. Thanks

22. Cheryl
    Cheryl January 1, 2013 at 6:14 pm | | Reply

I hope your product development is progressing well. I have been living with T1 Diabetes for 38 years. I started using Omnipod 3 years ago and recently needed to add Dexcom’s CGM to my therapy due to unawareness during extreme lows. I dream of a device that will adjust automatically when my blood sugars go too high or too low. I would love to help in your research. Please keep me informed when you are ready to test your product!
    Keep up the great work!

23. Robert G.
    Robert G. January 29, 2013 at 10:13 am | | Reply

It’s always great to read about new products for the diabetic industry. I have been Type I for 35 years (I am 43) and my daughter for 6 years (she is now 11). I have suffered many complications- multiple heart attacks, strokes, 10 stents, major depression and so much more. This sure sounds as something that would control sugars and an A1C of 5.5. If you need human subjects contact me. As everyone says “when”? Thanks!! Robert

24. Guilherme "Gil" de Paula
    Guilherme "Gil" de Paula February 25, 2013 at 7:24 pm | | Reply

Hi Robert, Cheryl and Robert G.,
    Thanks for the comments. We are still working on while searching for funding from venture capital firms. It’s hard to say “when” because of that financial limitation, but we are not giving up yet.
    Cheers,
    Gil

25. Rob Kacer
    Rob Kacer December 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm | | Reply

I’ve been watching your website and have noticed some changes. But still hoping for the product to go on the market. I have T1 diabetes for 41 of my 43 years. Got started on the Dexcom some one and a half years ago. Its helping but not to the degree that your device could. If you are looking for more test subjects for your device please add me to the list. Hoping that you’ll have something in 2014… Thanks, Rob

26. Jamie
    Jamie April 21, 2014 at 12:03 pm | | Reply

I was researching CGM devices and ran across your website. This is so exciting and would be GREAT to have very soon!!! My husband has been a diabetic for 20 years and my son for 11 years, both of them are currently wearing Omnipods. They both love them but we do still struggle with my son’s sugar levels, part of it is his age (13). Please keep us posted on your progress as this is some exciting news and if you need people to try your product out we will be waiting in line.