1. Moira
    Moira May 6, 2011 at 8:09 am | | Reply

Congrats Leah — you are a true leader who will continue to make a difference in this world. My own daughter was the National Prudential Winner back in 2005. That amazing week really fuels her desire to find a way to live a life of doing for others! Thank you for being a fantastic and innovative young woman!

2. Misty Parent
    Misty Parent May 6, 2011 at 11:57 am | | Reply

Leah and family,
    Thank you so much for your info. on how you chose to live w/ diabites, instead of thinking it was the end to a “normal” life.My 13 yr old son has been type 1 diabitic since he was 8 months old, I’ve always raised him to know that his diabites can’t hold him back unless he lets it.Once he read ur story, he wants to help others who can’t afford treatment/supplies for diabites.I wanted to ask you how did u get started doing the pennies for pumps? My son goes to a diabites camp, and alot of kids can’t attened due to the price.My son wanted to find a way to help raise $$ for those who cant afford it, do u have an suggestions? Thank you for sharing ur story and getting the word out about children w/ diabites and that they are no diffrent then a child w/out diabites.

3. Sysy
    Sysy May 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm | | Reply

How wonderful! Love hearing about stuff like this. You go girl!

4. Lauren
    Lauren May 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm | | Reply

This is awesome!! Great job!! Where can I buy your jewelery??

5. Curtis Maybin
    Curtis Maybin May 7, 2011 at 10:12 am | | Reply

Amazing. Kids like this are going to be the ones that help solve the problem with kids with diabetes that we are having.

6. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell May 9, 2011 at 3:53 am | | Reply

Good for you Leah, sounds like you’re helping kids with diabetes and raising awareness for type 1 diabetes at the same time. Make sure you register that Twitter account, even if you’re not going to use it immediately because once it’s gone…

7. warcraftjunkie
    warcraftjunkie May 10, 2011 at 10:10 pm | | Reply

You are doing such a great job i’ll be rooting for you keep up the good work the world needs people like you :)
    Zygors leveling guide