1. Sysy
    Sysy May 17, 2011 at 7:46 am | | Reply

I’m skeptical and excited all at once!

2. Lauren
    Lauren May 17, 2011 at 9:43 am | | Reply

I am also very excited! Sometimes I hate learning about new cool stuff though because I know I won’t be getting it for a long time. :(

3. riva
    riva May 17, 2011 at 10:03 am | | Reply

Thank you Allison for great info, and great reporting. I gave up hoping for a cure a long time ago. Doesn’t mean I don’t want one, but I don’t know if I’ll see it in my lifetime. For me, anything and everything that makes living with diabetes easier is a great step forward, and many of these sound very real and not too far away.

4. David Brown
    David Brown May 17, 2011 at 10:29 pm | | Reply

Well I agree with Sysy, I always love to know about the New Stuff, although I am in to some Health issues as well because technology takes all the health away if uses more then necessary.

5. kathy
    kathy May 18, 2011 at 7:53 am | | Reply

The first thing you mentioned about the delay with mechanical devices as compared to what our body can accomplish is the problem with the artificial pancreas project. I would rather see the JDRF funding less complicated and more promising ideas like the ones that you have mentioned. Thanks for the recap.

6. Sarag
    Sarag May 18, 2011 at 11:37 am | | Reply

The Smart Insulin is so exciting. I was able to attend a lecture and the implications are amazing. I hope that by the time my 7 year old enters college, Smart Insulin will be approved and available. Here’s to a successful trial and speedy approval!

7. [VIDEO] JDRF Works to Speed Delivery of Faster-Acting Insulin — JDRF Talk: The Official Blog of JDRF Bay Area

[...] JDRF Bay Area on 05/18/2011 ShareThanks to our friends at DiabetesMine.com for recording this video with our own Dr. Sanjoy Dutta, Director of Glucose Control [...]

8. DR. Joseph Kousa, MD
    DR. Joseph Kousa, MD May 21, 2011 at 12:28 pm | | Reply

This is a great website for diabetics. I will recommend it for my patients.

9. Joseph Kousa, MD
    Joseph Kousa, MD May 24, 2011 at 2:38 pm | | Reply

This is promising. I look for the day when insulin can be manufactured and delivered on board by some biological self sustaining tissue using biological sensors.

family doctor mentor ohio

10. JDRF Works to Speed Delivery of Faster-Acting Insulin «

[...] below to watch a video from DiabetesMine.com with JDRF’s Dr. Sanjoy Dutta, Director of Glucose Control [...]

11. Julie Richards
    Julie Richards June 4, 2012 at 10:04 pm | | Reply

I have a 13 yr old T1D. I think that there should be a insulin that can cover both the high’s and low’s. It should be pushed through and given to the ones suffering with this disease. I also think that the GCP shot for bladder cancer, and TB should be given to the ones stricken with this disease. It is crazy and there is no excuse that it isn’t already available.