1. Tweets that mention » When Diabetes Is Part of Dad… - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DiabetesMine, Stacey D.. Stacey D. said: RT @DiabetesMine: When Diabetes Is Part of Dad… via DiabetesMine: George Simmons is our … http://tinyurl.com/4l7vrzs [...]

2. Trev
    Trev February 4, 2011 at 7:33 am | | Reply

As a new blogger, old Type 1, and a dad myself for 13 years to 5 kids and 2 with type 1., I am really enjoying the ways of the Ninja. Thanks for the guest post, and a sincere thanks to George! Cheers!

3. Scott S
    Scott S February 4, 2011 at 8:41 am | | Reply

Thanks for sharing such a great story!!

4. Kelly Rawlings
    Kelly Rawlings February 4, 2011 at 10:22 am | | Reply

Good dads make the world a better place. Thanks for being one!

5. George
    George February 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm | | Reply

Thank you so much for having me guest post Amy. Writing about my kids and family is something I am always willing to do. They really do define who I am. Being a Dad is the best. I love it.

6. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson February 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm | | Reply

Great guest post George, and great guest post guest Amy!

George is one that I often turn to when I need advice about parenting decisions and situations I need help with. I’ve spent a bit of time with him and his amazing family, and let me tell you, George and his wife are incredible parents.

Part of what makes them so grate is they say they got lucky and had great kids. But any parent knows that even great kids present incredibly challenging situations. Their humility is admirable.

7. Karen
    Karen February 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | | Reply

George, you rock!!!!

8. Wendy
    Wendy February 4, 2011 at 11:41 pm | | Reply

Beautiful family.

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing…this stuff means a lot to me.

9. Jamey
    Jamey February 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm | | Reply

This story is inspiring, Ninja. How living with a chronic illness can become a teaching tool and also bring us closer to one another when we are open to it. I learned of your writing from Jenny at Chronicbabes and I am glad I stopped by.

10. Mary
    Mary February 11, 2011 at 9:18 am | | Reply

Beautiful post! This touches my heart as my Dad and I both have T1D, as well as my cousin and Aunt, who recently passed away from complications. One thought I had when reading the son’s response to if he was worried about getting diabetes, is the anger associated when a parent learns his/her child is diagnosed. I was diagnosed at age 11 and my Dad had a lot of anger about it (still does). I wonder if it is any more than a parent who is not diabetic because a T1D parent knows personally what challenges their child will have to face. It’s a struggle for the whole family, that’s for sure!

11. Windy
    Windy February 16, 2011 at 7:13 pm | | Reply

Such an awesome post, George!!!! You put into words what I have often felt as well. Thank you so much…