1. Bea
    Bea February 10, 2011 at 7:44 am | | Reply

Excellent post. I need to remind myself of this every day. I feel more responsible for my disease because I have type 2 and I blame myself for it way too much. But this is what I have to deal with, I may as well do it graciously and with tons of self-love.

2. Tweets that mention » Loving Yourself with Diabetes - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Manny Hernandez, DiabetesMine and Bernard Farrell, J-J. J-J said: RT @askmanny: Absolutely love Riva's guest post today on @DiabetesMine: Loving Yourself with Diabetes http://t.co/A1L7E0M #dblog [...]

3. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell February 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm | | Reply

Riva, your writing is always thought provoking and inspiring. I’d forgotten about the leg cramps, I also suffered from those in 1972. I’m so glad that’s all behind me.

For anyone else, read at least one of Riva’s books, you’ll be glad you did.

4. Melitta
    Melitta February 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm | | Reply

Great post! Perfect of course for Valentine’s Day, and the rest of the year, too. Thank you.

5. riva
    riva February 11, 2011 at 5:05 am | | Reply

Barnard, I have to tell you I have never heard anyone else say they got leg cramps. I knew we were linked in some special way ;-)

6. riva
    riva February 11, 2011 at 5:06 am | | Reply

oops, Bernard, my typo this early in the morning…

7. Ted
    Ted February 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm | | Reply

Remember my first discipline with your ABC book was to read one every morning as a meditation. Ellen and I need to do that again. Thanks.

8. Paula
    Paula February 14, 2011 at 5:32 pm | | Reply

Thanks for sharing this, Riva. Your story — and your relationship with your husband — is an inspiration!

9. Valentine’s Day!
    Valentine’s Day! May 15, 2014 at 9:58 pm |

[...] Mine: Loving Yourself With Diabetes Guest post by Riva Greenberg about the premise that “the more you love and appreciate yourself [...]