1. Tweets that mention » Dance Pharmaceuticals Gives Inhaled Insulin a “Do-Over” (Exubera 3.0?) - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DiabetesMine and JCampbell, Tim. Tim said: RT @DiabetesMine: Look who's launching Exubera 3.0 – better inhalable insulin! http://tinyurl.com/dance-pharma #diabetes #dblogs #bgnow [...]

2. Roselady
    Roselady January 24, 2011 at 8:25 am | | Reply

They sound very enthusiastic about their product. I like their passion. It sounds genuine. Not just about money. Also, I find it interesting what he said about fast vs. slower insulins. I’m so constantly amazed what there is to learn about diabetes…

3. Kelly
    Kelly January 24, 2011 at 8:26 am | | Reply

Since my diagnosis in October, I’ve been so very grateful that I was diagnosed at a time when Lantus, pens, and rapid insulins were available. Yet when I see what’s still in store for the future of diabetes, I wish my body could’ve waited longer, haha (or not at all?). I hope and pray every day that I’ll see more milestones in my lifetime, preferably my still-young lifetime. Stuff like this is promising. But I definitely wouldn’t go for anything that they couldn’t prove wouldn’t harm me long-term.

4. Anne
    Anne January 24, 2011 at 8:29 am | | Reply

interesting article. good luck! I would still use my pump as my primary insulin device but I can imagine throwing one in my back pocket as a backup on a long bike ride or something, as long as the price is reasonable. I think it would be a great thing for type 2s who are resistant to starting insulin therapy though.

5. Scott S
    Scott S January 24, 2011 at 8:34 am | | Reply

Interesting discussion on the price of insulin being one of the most expensive drugs. It wasn’t always that way, but was transformed even though the therapy has fundamentally changed little since insulin was discovered in 1921.

6. jules
    jules January 24, 2011 at 8:49 am | | Reply

what about the problems i’ve heard about lung function after extended use of inhaled insulin. the studies of children in ecuador using inhaled insulin ended horribly – collapsed lungs, uncontrolled bg, seizures…

7. William Lee Dubois
    William Lee Dubois January 24, 2011 at 4:01 pm | | Reply

Insulin in liquid form can be a real problem in hot third world locations. Tends to go bad before it can get to the people who need it, or won’t last long once it gets there. A dry/powdered insulin would be great for that market.

Of course, I still think the mistake is in not making an inhalled basal. Most D-folk need basal first, and fast acting later. By the time T-2s need fast acting they’ve been taking basal shots for a year or two and are over the fear-of-needles thing.

8. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell January 25, 2011 at 5:21 am | | Reply

Great and informative post Amy. So who’s making pastry with that bong? Doesn’t it affect the taste? :-)

9. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson February 16, 2011 at 11:36 am | | Reply

Interesting stuff.

I do hope they are successful. Innovation is good for everyone involved.

Regarding the fast vs. slower insulins, as a person with diabetes, doesn’t my lack of amylin contribute to my need for a faster absorbing insulin? I would hope that the people who did some of those studies factored those types of things in too.

Thanks for the great interview Amy.

10. Eric
    Eric October 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm | | Reply

Check out the studies on inhaled insulin and Alzheimer . I would try it if I could find were o get it. wHAT WOULD i HAVE TO LOSE AS iAM GOING TO DIE OF THIS AND ITS ONE BAD WAY TO GO

11. james f musgrove
    james f musgrove February 19, 2013 at 5:57 am | | Reply

Please hurry up with this insulin I was on exzubera when it first came out due to my strong fear of needles,when i was told by my doctor that it was no longer going to be manufactured due to concerns about lung function i was “devastated” to say the least, I later learned that it was all about pure and simple greed!!! If you guys need someone to test this new inhaled insulin on don’t hesitate to contact me!!,