1. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell January 31, 2011 at 7:08 am | | Reply

I tried to get a look-see at the CWD conference last year, but they weren’t showing anything, which is a shame because I’ve got experience in designing and implementing touch screen interfaces.

One think I’d love to see is a delayed bolus. That is where I’m going to eat a meal but my BG is low, so I know I can’t bolus at that time but I don’t want to forget to bolus later. So I can enter meal carbs and current BG level, it can figure out how insulin I’d need for the meal less the amount of carbs needed to correct my low and then let me deliver the insulin after an amount of time, say 1 hour later. Of course there’d have to be an option to cancel or further delay the bolus: perhaps it would warn the user about 5-10 minutes before it was going to deliver so they could see where their BG was at that time.

I do also hope (and pray) that they open up their data interface, so we can easily download and look at data from the pump. How about a standard mini-USB or bluetooth connection and data exportable as XML or CSV format?

2. David
    David January 31, 2011 at 7:58 am | | Reply

A delayed bolus feature is a good idea, so is ability to execute an extended bolus even if one is already active which would really help those of us with slow digestion and use extended boluses with every meal.

As for the FDA, it is like a bad joke. I was just thinking yesterday that I bet we see the Jewel in Europe for years before it gets FDA approval.

3. Tweets that mention » All’s Quiet on the Tandem Front - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DiabetesMine, diabetesblogs. diabetesblogs said: All’s Quiet on the Tandem Front http://dd4.us/f3rhug #diabetes #dblog [...]

4. Barbara
    Barbara January 31, 2011 at 11:33 am | | Reply

I agree with David and Bernard (above) re the extended and delayed bolus options. I saw the pump at AADE in San Antonio. Very nice, but wondering why they had so much space at the exhibit hall when it seems approval is so far off. By the time they come to USA market, those who have been using touch interface technology for years will have moved on to something newer. Amy is right: how will it make life on insulin better, especially if it doesn’t have those features mentioned above?

5. Anne Findlay
    Anne Findlay January 31, 2011 at 1:25 pm | | Reply

here here on the delayed bolus. delayed basal would be helfpul too.

6. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell January 31, 2011 at 6:57 pm | | Reply

Another thought. How about an extended bolus where it can be extended for more than 8 hours? If I’ve taken a high fat meat I may want to spread the insulin over a longer time to allow for the long-term rise in BGs due to the fat.

7. Anne
    Anne January 31, 2011 at 7:59 pm | | Reply

animas allows a 12-hour extended bolus.

8. Ellen
    Ellen February 1, 2011 at 4:26 am | | Reply

Since John Walsh is involved, I hope the Super Bolus option is something one can select too.

9. susan f.
    susan f. February 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm | | Reply

Another request, more control over temp basals. I use temp basals a lot to correct minor lows or would be lows.

Ideally, I’d like to say “temp basal 0% for 1 hr, followed by temp basal 95% for six hours”

10. Anne
    Anne February 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm | | Reply

what Susan said!! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished for this feature…

11. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson February 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | | Reply

Sure looks cool!

I know a handful of folks at Tandem, and they are all solid, brilliant people.

We all know that it is a compromise between innovation and safety when viewed through the FDA’s eyes. I’m anxious to see how and where Tandem strikes that balance.

12. kristina blake
    kristina blake July 16, 2011 at 11:41 am | | Reply

A lot of the features that have been requested above were included in my Cozmo pump. I really miss it. I was able to set correction boluses to increase (e.g.+10% if I was over 200 bg), it reminded me when to change infusion set, I could get average bg’s, suffice it to say I wish I had hung on to it instead of trading it in. Since I am near Tandem’s hq, I would have loaned it to them to see what features to add. From what I understand, Cozmo was a Bristish company that didn’t think it could compete with the giants over here (minimed and johnson & johnson)