1. Scott S
    Scott S December 6, 2010 at 6:38 am | | Reply

The most famous spokesperson for this illness ever? That’s a bit of an exaggeration, wouldn’t you say? And spokesperson for diabetes don’t typically need to endorse diabetes products like Bayer meters; if they were doing it for the cause, they would not be so quick to cash in on their celebrity by endorsing products.

2. Tweets that mention » Nick Jonas ― Dishing on Diabetes - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DiabetesMine, Lorraine  and diabetesblogs, Stacey D.. Stacey D. said: RT @DiabetesMine: Nick Jonas ― Dishing on Diabetes via DiabetesMine – Nick Jonas. Just … http://tinyurl.com/32b3odj [...]

3. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog December 6, 2010 at 9:13 am | | Reply

How can I get one of those “guitar techs” to be on the sideline for my daughter? Oh yeah, I’m that person always sitting in the chairs at dance or gymnastics with a juice box in my bag for when Q feels low.

Scott- We don’t use a Bayer meter, but we do have the same insulin pump (OmniPod) which I don’t believe he is a spokeperson for. But for my six-year-old who aspires to be a singer/dancer when she grows up (and also a scientist), it is great when she sees a flash of Nick’s pod because she can relate to him. And even moreso when she saw the video for “Who I Am” and saw Nick flash a card that said “diabetic.”

Maybe Nick isn’t the most visible spokesperson for *your* generation, but for the thousands of young children of *this* generation I think we can count him as a positive role model if only for the fact that he is so visible to them. And children who don’t have diabetes might learn a little something about the disease.

(Not implying you are old, Scott! Just not a tween.)

4. Nick J Online | Nick Jonas
    Nick J Online | Nick Jonas December 6, 2010 at 10:43 am |

[...] SOURCE Last edited on December 6th, 2010 No Comments » [...]

5. Lucy
    Lucy December 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm | | Reply

having now 2 kids with type 1 is tough, when the first was diagnosed I barely knew the Jonas brothers, but within 1 month of diagnosis my daughter found him and i can say that was a good role model for us as newbies. She is also keenly aware that he has “people” who help him, but that’s also good to know that its not easy by yourself. We need people to help them all. And yes, we are Animas pumpers too! My second daughter being diagnosed just April fools day has been pumping for 5 days! She’s known about nick through her sister and is not as big a fan, but its funny, she does like to see that he’s “healthy” as she says, when she sees him on TV (and also happens to know all his songs.) If anyone can bring awareness to the disease, I appreciate it, having not really known anything about it til diagnosis 3 years ago.

6. Meri
    Meri December 6, 2010 at 9:41 pm | | Reply

The fact that he has come out and been vocal about diabetes is valiant. So many children and young adults look up to him. Showing that diabetes isn’t anything to be ashamed of and that it doesn’t take away your coolness…that is a powerful message for sure.

I have three young boys with diabetes. I think the message he is sending out it brilliant. Because of him, more children are aware of this disease, and that gives me hope that as my children grow, they will mature with a community that is more aware of their struggles.

Rock on Nick Jonas. Rock on!

7. Nick J ‘Most Famous’ Diabetes Spokesman « AllDisneyGossip

[...] Jonas Diabetes Mine interview: ‘From day one, it was my call. I wanted to first be comfortable w/ it, then once I [...]

8. Cara
    Cara December 7, 2010 at 9:35 am | | Reply

You know, Nick’s had to grow up a lot. There were so many ways in which diabetes make children grow up earlier than they should have to. Add on top of diabetes, the fame that Nick deals with and he sounds much more mature than his age.
    I’m not a huge Jonas Brothers fan (I’m a little old for that. :D ), but I admire Nick and what he’s done for the diabetes community.

9. Molly Johnson
    Molly Johnson December 8, 2010 at 7:03 pm | | Reply

Thanks Nick!

10. Mrs. Life
    Mrs. Life December 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm | | Reply

Using his popularity to show people the real light on diabetes is quite a fantastic thing. It helps the little kids that looks up at him, to stop and properly look at their health.