1. reyna
    reyna September 30, 2010 at 6:22 am | | Reply

WOW. This is an interesting approach that I think will appeal to a wide-variety of people. I can see how it would be easy for the group to take-off on and get stuck on a tangent…but with a strong yet gentle moderator it should be pulled off with grace. Great post…not for my situation yet (I am a mom w/ a CWD) but, I am hoping one day to further my nursing career as a CDE.

2. Gillian
    Gillian September 30, 2010 at 2:21 pm | | Reply

This is a great idea. I just became linked up with a group of diabetic triathletes and I tell you it was so refreshing to talk to them about diabetes “stuff” . They didn’t stare blankly at me like the rest of my triathlon group who don’t have diabetes. I also picked up a few tips that I had never thought of! Also, sometimes I just don’t think of the right questions to ask when I’m with my doctor and cde so having 9 other minds think for you would be most helpful!

3. Dr. J
    Dr. J October 1, 2010 at 8:00 am | | Reply

Group medical visits are causing much excitement as a means to provide better access and more complete care at lower costs. It is a face-to-face factor…

4. dave
    dave October 5, 2010 at 8:34 pm | | Reply

i enjoy my privacy and would never want to be in the same room as others while talking about my medical problems

5. Paul McAviney
    Paul McAviney October 12, 2010 at 6:29 am | | Reply

I think this is another tool or option. For someone new who may find being newly diagnosed as diabetic so overwelming, or for those who live alone with diabetes. Even for a person who has lived with the disease for a long time and has a lot to share with others and is open to new ideas.

6. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson October 13, 2010 at 7:08 am | | Reply

I’d give it a shot – I think it sounds pretty interesting! Not sure if it would replace my 1:1 time, but I am pretty sure that it would be a very valuable session for me.