1. Penny
    Penny September 14, 2010 at 6:32 am | | Reply

I am a big fan of their bracelets for my T1 8 year old gal. I wanted her to wear a medical ID when she was dx’d 2 years ago and not some metal clunky thing. I almost cried when I found Lauren’s Hope. My gal wants to wear the bracelets she has and she too, interchanges them. I LOVE the size of the ID plate – it gets noticed and that’s exactly what I want in a medical ID. Stylish and noticed by those around her, so that they can help her if needed.

2. Judi
    Judi September 14, 2010 at 6:41 am | | Reply

It doesn’t cost much to take a very basic beading class at either a local beading store or someplace like Michael’s or Joann’s. You only need to know the very basics to be able to make a bracelet band. Then you can make interchangeable bands for every occasion. There are also several web sites with different choices of ID alerts, so you can get smaller medical tags for the bands you can make. I did this and now have a drawer full of bands, and it’s great. When you see new beads, you just buy a few and make another band.

3. reyna
    reyna September 14, 2010 at 7:44 am | | Reply

I love the “elegant” looking one!

4. William Lee Dubois
    William Lee Dubois September 14, 2010 at 10:17 am | | Reply

Well, a girl (or a boy), can’t have too much jewerly. I’ve got about a dozen diferent medic alerts. Important to match the wardrobe. ;-)

5. Marie
    Marie September 14, 2010 at 2:49 pm | | Reply

Well, I wonder if such medical jewellery is really necessary, because we don’t have any in my country (Switzerland). I was never offered any by any of my medical staff and have never seen anyone wear one. I see th point in wearing it though, but I’d still be annoyed if I had to. What’s more, if you’re generally surrounded who know your condition, I’d say it’s pretty safe not to wear a medical bracelet.

6. Riva
    Riva September 14, 2010 at 6:56 pm | | Reply

In answer to Marie,I’ve had diabetes for 38 years and only donned a medical alert bracelet this year. Why? Because I travel a lot now by myself and if I’m alone going low no one will know. Once at the airport leaving Maine I felt I was low and tested and was 39. A few more minutes and a bit lower and I wouldn’t have been able to help myself. That said, no matter how pretty the jewelry, I don’t enjoy always having this bracelet wrapped around my wrist. Not for what it means but merely for the weight of it.

7. John Wilhelm
    John Wilhelm September 14, 2010 at 10:03 pm | | Reply

This is great. My 3 year old with T1 has a birthday coming up and this would fit with her “princess” motif.

8. Dman
    Dman September 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm | | Reply

The ultimate goal of diabetes therapy is to prevent micro- and macrovascular complications in order to improve life expectancy and quality of life. The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) and United KingdomProspective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) studies demonstrated that lowering glycaemia (measured as HbA1c) leads to less microvascular complications in type 1 as well as type 2 diabetes.

9. Breast Cancer Bracelet
    Breast Cancer Bracelet September 15, 2010 at 10:23 pm | | Reply

Hi there, this is great, bracelets are a pleasant way to raise awareness to serious diseases. I enjoy raising the awareness of Breast Cancer through the use of Breast Cancer Bracelets – and my favorite is the beautiful Silver Breast Cancer Bracelet – Michelle

10. Pam
    Pam September 17, 2010 at 8:33 am | | Reply

I am a LADA – going on 3 years now…. I have tried several medical IDs — pretty ones made by my neighbor T1 — BUT… I keep breaking them! I keep the bracelet on all the time – shower, sleeping etc…. and after several weeks – broken….. arghhh…. anyone have any suggestions of where to get pretty but strong?? I don’t do anything unusually harsh — just get caught on clothing when coming on or off etc…..

Thanks!!!

11. sisiay
    sisiay September 20, 2010 at 11:58 am | | Reply

I have yet to find a medical ID bracelet that I want to wear, but the hunt continues. I know that they are important, but the generic ones from that flyer that’s in every doctor’s office won’t cut it, and most of the more interesting ones are all geared for women. I’ve even searched through etsy (which has some good stuff, but not for me). The one thing I do wear is a silver plate with my info, attached to the band of the watch I wear when I go surfing, so at least out in the water I’m properly identified.