1. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson September 1, 2010 at 9:51 am | | Reply

Very cool stuff here Amy!

2. George
    George September 1, 2010 at 10:04 am | | Reply

The picture your daughter did is fantastic! I like all the faces because God knows I have made all of those before, and then some!

Awesome art!

3. Crystal
    Crystal September 1, 2010 at 10:35 pm | | Reply

Great post. Your daughter is talented. :-)

That last one is pretty awesome.

4. Lee Ann Thill
    Lee Ann Thill September 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm | | Reply

What a great collection of diabetes-inspired art! First, your daughter’s art sure does say it all! I’m so impressed that she captured all those negative feelings states, but also showed hope with her use of color and the inclusion of the blue circle. It’s so nicely done!

The other pieces you chose are great – a wide variety, all exploring diabetes – but I am in love with the “Glucose” painting! It’s stunning!

Thanks for posting all of these, and a big thanks to your daughter for sharing her Diabetes Art Day contribution! It’s been a wonderful community effort from young and old, t1′s, t2′s, and a few t3′s like her, which is always a fascinating perspective to get.

5. Tom
    Tom September 2, 2010 at 12:27 am | | Reply

I did not know there was such a day. In the U.S., it seems anything can be celebrated with a special day. Sometimes it is good, as in Diabetes Art Day, but some of the others I have seen, are just plain ridiculous.
    Thank you for promoting a day that is worthwhile and will hopefully bring attention to this disease and things that can be done to prevent some from ending up with it like I did.

Successful Living With Diabetes</a

6. AmyT
    AmyT September 2, 2010 at 8:49 am | | Reply

Thank YOU, Lee Ann, for organizing this great ‘creativity fest’! I love how each one of us in the D-OC brings something new & unique to the table.

7. Orlando RV rentals
    Orlando RV rentals September 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm | | Reply

This is great stuff! I’ve been looking for someting to keep my 85 year old diabetic Mom excited about life, I’ll send her this post

8. EZM
    EZM September 14, 2010 at 2:14 pm | | Reply

I particularly find it interest in all the range of human emotions and conditions that can be expressed using artwork as a medium, and the compilation here shows such great variation.