1. Shannon
    Shannon August 20, 2010 at 10:14 am | | Reply

Hi Amy,

I have been reading your blog for about a year now, and decided to come out of “lurker mode”. I am a Type 1, diagnoesed at the age of 36, 2 years ago…So hello!

Anyways, I had to comment on the book Lonesome Dove. I didn’t see the miniseries either, but my husband of 18 years did. He always refrences it now and then (mostly Gus’ sayings). So I bought this book for him ages ago, hoping to get him to *like* to read. Last week I had nothing to read and stumbled on this book. Needless to say I started it and love it and when I’m finished can’t wait to see the miniseries also!

So thanks for your blog, I read it every week day :)

Shanno

2. boddhi
    boddhi August 20, 2010 at 10:55 am | | Reply

Check this news release! “US Patent Office ruled Oculir patent invalid”. I always thought this was a promising technology. The reason behind shut down is because their patent was based on someone else’s patents, a doctor from Yale.

3. Olivia Reeves
    Olivia Reeves August 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm | | Reply

Hi,

Social media is the big thing that med official are using and the points that you have mentioned in the post resembles the same. Social media basically is the platform that gives you the opportunity to reach you target audience, get their instant feedback.

The integration of social media and medical information together is a great thing.

4. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson August 24, 2010 at 7:45 am | | Reply

Thanks so much Amy.

I think we need to hear more from all of the readers out there. I don’t know about you, but I’m not hearing much (or at least not as much as I’d like). How can we know what to bring to the discussions if nobody shares their feelings with us?

5. amy mercer
    amy mercer August 25, 2010 at 7:52 am | | Reply

Thanks for the plug Amy! I’m hard at work collecting some really inspiring, sad and honest stories from women living with diabetes. I’m looking forward to our conversation tomorrow!

6. Spreading the word… «
    Spreading the word… « August 25, 2010 at 8:01 am |

[...] Jump to Comments Thanks to Amy Tenderich for mentioning my book-in-progress in her post, “What I’m Reading…“on her website: Diabetes Mine. I’ll be interviewing Amy tomorrow about her personal [...]

7. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog August 25, 2010 at 10:19 am | | Reply

Can I flip a table at someone? Can I?