1. Sysy Morales
    Sysy Morales July 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm | | Reply

This is so great!!! I wish I had known about it a year ago because my sister who is also type 1 just finished her freshman year at James Madison University. She is majoring in art and although she graduated high school a valedictorian and filled out lots of financial aid and scholarship applications, she didn’t get anything-probably because of her major. Anyway, it makes me happy knowing this is out there for fellow diabetics. Thanks for sharing this with us!

2. Moha
    Moha July 15, 2010 at 8:15 am | | Reply

I agree, this sounds like an amazing scholarship opportunity for students with type 1 diabetes.

3. Steve
    Steve July 21, 2010 at 12:31 am | | Reply

Such a wonderful thing to have!! I MUST pass that on to all the readers of my website! Education is such an important thing, and children with this illness need not feel isolated or abandoned from being among other kids their age! This will allow them to pursue their dreams and achieve a wonderful future! Kudos to this program!!

Steve

4. Mikey D
    Mikey D July 21, 2010 at 1:36 pm | | Reply

I had been looking for T1D-related scholarships to help my son finish his UNC-Charlotte engineering degree. Sadly, as with other scholarships, this is for “incoming freshmen only”, and he’s a junior. I’m still trying to understand this requirement. I have yet to see scholarships for sophomores, juniors or seniors only. The first year is about the easiest to pay for; it’s the subsequent years that get more and more difficult to afford.

5. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson July 27, 2010 at 8:02 pm | | Reply

Sounds like a wonderful organization. I’m also glad that they are helping people get to Friends For Life (FFL). Every type 1 deserves to experience it, but travel and lodging can get so expensive.

Thanks for spreading the word on this Amy!

6. The Diabetes Brain Drain? « My Child & Diabetes

[...] A Boost Toward College for Students with Diabetes (diabetesmine.com) [...]

7. Jalu
    Jalu July 21, 2012 at 6:27 am | | Reply

Saw this article as I was also looking for diabetes scholarships for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. Please let the foundation know that what they are doing is terrific but truly, the need is there for the remaining years at the college, even if they receive something as a freshman. Thanks!