1. William Lee Dubois
    William Lee Dubois June 25, 2010 at 7:10 am | | Reply

RE: the difference in numbers between CDEs and Map-trained educators. All of my Peer-Educator gang are Map-Certified, so they are probably counting ParaProfessionals and other assorted community health workers. The Maps are awesome tools, even more so when the groups are lead by D-folks ourselves!

2. Melissa
    Melissa June 25, 2010 at 8:17 am | | Reply

Thanks for the tip on the Humulin ReliOn news. I’m surprised at how the launch of cheap insulin at Wal-Mart is being positioned as a new and great thing from Lilly: Novo Nordisk partnered with Wal-Mart to produce the ReliOn insulin brand 10 years ago so Lilly’s involvement is merely a supplier change! ( see http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3374/is_14_22/ai_65953255/).

3. June S.
    June S. June 25, 2010 at 8:49 am | | Reply

I hear a lot about “closed loop systems” in progress. My big question is this. Are they implantable, or does one wear one on the outside of one’s body? I am so frustrated with insulin infusion SITE problems. If the insulin in an artificial pancreas is infused in the same way as the insulin in an infusion site, then site problems will screw everything up. NO?

4. Manny Hernandez
    Manny Hernandez June 25, 2010 at 8:44 pm | | Reply

Also for more live updates “from the ground”, follow the #ada2010 hashtag on Twitter.

5. Lee Ann Thill
    Lee Ann Thill June 25, 2010 at 9:33 pm | | Reply

I know I’ll be seeing you Tuesday, but I’m here in Orlando attending ADA too, so perhaps we’ll see each other before that… although if so, it will likely need to be a coordinated effort because that convention center is ginormous so the chances of us bumping into one another are slim ;)

6. Wendy
    Wendy June 25, 2010 at 9:59 pm | | Reply

I LOVE this!!!! I’ll be anxiously waiting and reading :)