1. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog May 25, 2010 at 7:43 am | | Reply

Thanks for this nice long list. I will definitely take a look at the websites.

I currently log BG’s with pen and paper and then add them into an Excel spreadsheet.

That’s all fine and dandy that there is some logging software, but I want to use my meter and pump to download my data DIRECTLY to my Mac.

Plug and play. Not doing the work two times like I do now.

SERIOUSLY pump and meter companies: I am sick and tired of you being so old school and anti-Mac. Get with the program (literally).

(Not a rant against you Amy. I appreciate the time and effort to compile this list.)

2. Brent
    Brent May 25, 2010 at 9:02 am | | Reply

Hi Amy,

Medtronic told me in January that their version of the Carelink site that was compliant with Mac would be released ‘any day.’ That was five months ago and still no Mac update from Medtronic.

When my daughter goes away to school next fall, I REALLY want her to be able to upload her numbers for me to view remotely, so I hope they get it done soon.

Got any pull there?

3. Laura G.
    Laura G. May 25, 2010 at 9:11 am | | Reply

While we’re wishing–
    DEXCOM, love your downloadable software, hate having to borrow my friend’s PC to read it. Please, please, make it Mac-compatible!
    Thanks for this list, Amy!

4. Penny
    Penny May 25, 2010 at 9:12 am | | Reply

Thanks so much for detailing all of these Amy – appreciate it! I still want to directly link my daughter’s OmniPod PDM to my beautiful, competent Mac, without any other programs. I REALLY don’t want to buy a computer just for Windows. I’ve already lodged a request with Insulet, here’s hoping they hear the tons of us out here who need Mac-compatible PDMs.

5. k2
    k2 May 25, 2010 at 11:43 am | | Reply

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

6. dlrdon
    dlrdon May 25, 2010 at 3:35 pm | | Reply

One app I use a lot that will work on Iphone/Itouch is “Go Meals”. Great for carb counting. It’s made by Calorie King and Sanvo Aventis, and has a lot of restraurant in it also as well as grocery store food. I can access the Carelink website from my mac to view info in Develop mode but won’t upload data.

7. sisiay
    sisiay May 27, 2010 at 8:49 am | | Reply

for those who haven’t tried it, I would again put it out there that VM Ware fusion (on sale for < $50 at macmall this week)+ a cheap copy of windows XP from ebay will run all the D-software you need, right in your mac, w/o needing reboot. Much cheaper than a standalone windows computer, and integrated into the computer you already use, so you can export all the data/graphs any way you like. Sure, native support is the dream, but in the meantime, this is a very good solution. And, in the larger scheme of d-management costs, not too expensive.

8. Type 1 Tuesday 05.01.10
    Type 1 Tuesday 05.01.10 June 1, 2010 at 4:03 am |

[...] of DiabetesMine: Pretty BGs: Glucose Logging Software for the Mac (I still want my pump to download directly to a Mac, but this is a [...]

9. Chris Johnston
    Chris Johnston June 8, 2010 at 4:53 am | | Reply

Y’know, as a newly-diagnosed Type 2 sufferer, I was so excited to find a freeware program for my Mac, Diabetes Logbook X , but then when I clicked on “User Settings”, nothing happened. I sent them an email, but they never replied.
    Your mileage may vary, of course.

10. Andy
    Andy June 8, 2010 at 7:16 am | | Reply

You forgot GGC (GNU Gluco Control). Its written in java so it works anywhere… It support quite a few of meter device…

Andy

11. Bryan
    Bryan December 25, 2010 at 6:00 pm | | Reply

I was told by a Medtronics rep the Mac version would be released this month (December 2010) The thing you have to remember is the FDA has to approve the software…

12. Ray Strayer
    Ray Strayer September 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm | | Reply

This is a pain. I have a Wave Sense Presto which has resonably priced strips, due to limited insurance coverage I can not afford expensive ones. The Wavesense software will not install on my PC, can’t figure out why, can’t seem to get any help. Would really like to use my Mac to manage this anyways, but no ones software seems to support Wave Sense, all of my meters have a mini-usb connector, how hard could it be to put some kind of chip in them so that they are Plug and Play, so that you plug it in and any computer can recognize and at least download the basics, so I at least do not have to type the info in to my Excel sheet on my Mac?

13. Ray Strayer
    Ray Strayer September 20, 2011 at 10:11 pm | | Reply

Also about the Medtronics, you can not just download this software, you have to leave contact info so a SALESMAN can call you. Why not put a reasonable price on it and let users buy it without the hassle.

14. Dina
    Dina January 1, 2013 at 1:13 am | | Reply

I tried for my mac HealthEngage – do not recommend, does not really work on mac. As soon as you try to start the glucose and other measurements input, all the tables appear garbled and in general i did not understand how to input information on glucose even if I would be able to see more properly those tables (((