1. Meri
    Meri May 18, 2010 at 8:35 am | | Reply

This was such an amazing week. I loved getting to know the wonderful bloggers of the DOC! But as a side note, I feel like I should explain that I don’t have a thing against Pharmacists in general…just MY pharmacist. He thinks it’s funny to give me 1 vile of insulin when I go in to fill my THREE boys perscriptions. He says he’ll mail me the rest, when the rest doesn’t come for over a week and that vile only lasts 5 days. He has been my nemesis for many years. My visits with him are ALWAYS blogworthy! :)

2. George
    George May 18, 2010 at 9:07 am | | Reply

That was my favorite prompt to write about and read about. And what was cool was how different people spun it.

I too hope DBW is an annual event. I am sure it will be since it was so successful!

3. k2
    k2 May 18, 2010 at 9:46 am | | Reply

Diabetes Blog Week was fantastic!
    It gave me a better understanding of the bloggers I normally read, while introducing me to a whole new crop of dbloggers !
    And thanks for the shoutout Amy- I’m honored to have made it in the “Smart-Ass Humor” category ;)
    Kelly K

4. Ophir
    Ophir May 18, 2010 at 4:55 pm | | Reply

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the mention! Thinking about a cure has definitely been thought-provoking. Thank you for continuing to keep the diabetic community informed. I actually read your guest post on the new Revel minimed pump, and found it to be very informative when making a decision on a new pump.

I also absolutely enjoyed Diabetes Blog Week and getting to know my fellow d-bloggers and d-community! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better!

Ophir, The Conscious Diabetic

5. June S.
    June S. May 18, 2010 at 5:31 pm | | Reply

It was very interesting reading those posts. After almost 38 years with Type I, I still believe that the disease will not be cured during my lifetime. I have never dreamed what I would do if I didn’t have Type I. Rather, I try to think back to those days, so long ago, when I didn’t have it. However, I can barely recall them!

6. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson May 18, 2010 at 6:43 pm | | Reply

Great round up Amy – and thank you for the mention!

I got a kick out of everyone’s stuff here – and am happy to see some new blogs I need to go check out!

And because I’m perpetually behind in my blog reading, I’ll be working on catching up with everyone’s blog posts for WEEKS! :-)

7. Michael Hoskins
    Michael Hoskins May 19, 2010 at 1:46 am | | Reply

Great recap, Amy! Thanks for the shoutout, though I’m sorry to have been so “vengeful” in my writing about Life After a Cure… Didn’t start that way, but the more I thought about how long it’s taken, the more bitter I got. Anyhow. Like others, I’ll be catching up and reading posts for weeks! Hope it is an annual thing.

8. Marco Bianchi
    Marco Bianchi May 19, 2010 at 9:02 am | | Reply

Other than infectious diseases, no chronic disease has ever been cured within the last century (not one!) . It’s time to wake up to the idea that diabetes will always be part of life.

9. Joanna
    Joanna May 20, 2010 at 7:39 am | | Reply

I would demand a refund of all the money I have spent on diabetes supplies just trying to stay alive! Yeah I know that would go over like a lead balloon lol !
    Just image that would be some refund having type 1 for almost 34 years!

10. Kim
    Kim June 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm | | Reply

I believe in a cure because I’ve been functionally cured of type 1 diabetes through an islet cell transplant clinical trial. Life now is wonderful :) If you want to learn more about my story or just check out the trial I was involved in with the Chicago Diabetes Project go to:

11. Derick
    Derick June 16, 2010 at 6:51 pm | | Reply

I don’t really know what too say, I’m affraid if there will be a cure I’ll have damage, And it wont work. But I pray every day that there will be one, Because I wanted to be in the Marines…..I’m not interested in being that guy at the desk, Thats for when I’m retired…And if even – so, I don’t think I’ll be interested in a desk job then. So back too the topic, I understand they are going through all these tests and stuff, Think of the FDA….They want money. I belive, I will never get too see one in my life time, And that it will be a while.

12. Chelsey
    Chelsey August 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm | | Reply

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing,
    i know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates unique, google friendly articles in seconds, just search in google – laranitas free content
    source