1. Tweets that mention » Diabetes Bloopers, and Visuals - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by JCampbell. JCampbell said: DiabetesMine: Diabetes Bloopers, and Visuals http://bit.ly/aJQBZD #diabetes [...]

2. Jim
    Jim May 19, 2010 at 8:20 am | | Reply

Of course the biggest, and I know I am not alone with this one, is back in the MDI days. Taking my 30+ units of Lantus, then putting the bottle back in the Fridge just to realize that, oh crud, that was the Humalog. Honey, where’s the crackers and peanut butter, I’m going to be here a while…..

3. Karen
    Karen May 19, 2010 at 10:04 am | | Reply

Actually, Saturday was always supposed to be Diabetes Snapshots. Those wild card topics were just there for any blogger to use on any day that they didn’t feel inspired by the assigned topic. :) But I think maybe we’ll use Diabetes Bloopers as an assigned topic next year, huh? It is a fun one!

Funny thing is, my latest blooper actually happened as I was taking my pictures for Saturday Snapshots!! I decided I wanted to have my cat in all of the pictures. I punched in my breakfast bolus, and then noticed K.C. was curled up calmly on the bed. I figured it was the perfect time to post her next to my pump. So, I disconnected and laid the pump next to her. WHILE THE BREAKFAST BOLUS WAS STILL BEING DELIVERED!!! No clue how much insulin went into me and how much went into the mattress. Doh!!

4. Karen
    Karen May 19, 2010 at 10:57 am | | Reply

Jim you are not alone…4 days after being diagnosed, minutes before guests are to arrive for a big dinner party (could I have canceled? or COURSE not), and realizing that the 10 u of lantus that I took was novalog. Um, honey? Can you get me a Coke?

5. David
    David May 19, 2010 at 4:22 pm | | Reply

I’ve taken Humalog instead of Lantus twice in 5 years. Always an interesting few hours. I’ve figured out that ingesting 2/3 of my usual carb count for every unit of Humalog works.

6. Karen
    Karen May 19, 2010 at 4:31 pm | | Reply

of course it was horrible at the time, and did I mention my just-awful -double-vision-what-the &*^%&$- is-going-on didn’t help either?? but now, 7 years later, i can laugh about it. definitely one of the many pros of pumping.

Amy, I’m thinking of switching to the omnipod since my cozmo warranty runs out soon. i’ve worn the demo pod and love it. any words of wisdom??

7. RAYT721
    RAYT721 May 19, 2010 at 5:33 pm | | Reply

My doctor asked what I had for lunch to which I replied, “2 double cheeseburgers and a large fry.” He laughed. I didn’t. “You’re serious?” he asked. Ooops… I shouldda had a V-8.

8. k2
    k2 May 20, 2010 at 6:38 am | | Reply

I have 30 years worth of Diabetes Bloopers/ mistakes, and I try and find the funny in every single one of them- even the ones that leave scars!
    Thanks for linking to my post- I really do appreciate it!
    Kelly K