1. Denise
    Denise May 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm | | Reply

I haven’t watched American Idol, but I totally understand what she is saying…I think about my 12 year old daughter and that some day she will be out on her own … how will she pay for her insulin and diabetic needs?…She will start out her young life with a monthly medical bill that is almost as much as a first time house payment. :(

2. Hugo
    Hugo May 24, 2010 at 2:50 am | | Reply

I am glad to live in a country like Spain, where you can’t see nobody begging for insulin. Our Public Health System prevents us from seeing such an ugly view.

3. Huddersfield Solicitors
    Huddersfield Solicitors May 25, 2010 at 12:27 pm | | Reply

Hugo, I totally agree as it is the same in the UK. In fact it is the same in all EU countries, vital medicine like this is free… I wonder why the richest country in the world can’t do the same?

4. Crystal Bowersox: Feminist Idol? : Ms Magazine Blog

[...] attention to the plight of her hometown during these economically depressing times, and further championed the cause of juvenile diabetes, an issue she has already declared as her political platform. As she told Idol [...]

5. Crystal and Bret and Diabetes Awareness and Advocacy « Sarahndipity

[...] Crystal Bowersox and what she wants to do after Idol, including Amy of Diabetes Mine’s post here and the super awesome interview she did with USA Today HERE. Crystal’s ideas include starting [...]

6. Kim
    Kim May 26, 2010 at 9:40 am | | Reply

My 20 yr old son has been diabetic since he was 9. Currently he doesn’t have medical insurance & orders his insulin from Canada as it’s 1/2 the price there. He’s able to get some items on E-bay, but he is struggling to get by every month. He’s looking for a job with medical insurance, but hasen’t found anything yet. It’s so sad, sometimes he will ask me for help, but is so proud to try to do things on his own. I don’t understand why it’s $100.00 a bottle for insulin, this pharmarcies are so expensive. 1 bottle of insulin will only last a week or so. I can totally relate to Crystal begging for insulin, as it’s your life & without it you won’t live.

7. Livvy
    Livvy June 15, 2010 at 5:53 am | | Reply

Wow! I found this so interesting as i live in england. I had no idea how much insulin costs, this is ridiculous! Im so shocked that if i didnt live here i may find myself having to pay for my treatment.

8. taylor
    taylor June 24, 2010 at 4:09 pm | | Reply

i know what she is going through i got diagnosed when i was three im nine years old and crystal is a great singer and i hope she”ll have good luck and i am her biggest fan when i heard she was a diabetic i was very excited and i could not wait to hear her sing and i thought that she sould have won i hope they find a cure :D

9. taylor
    taylor June 24, 2010 at 4:13 pm | | Reply

and crystal i just want to say that u stood up for all diabets <3

10. Taylor
    Taylor August 6, 2010 at 8:22 am | | Reply

i was diagnosed less then 2 months ago and its so amazing that crystal does that… my meter was payed for by the hospital because mine got stolen… they stole everything… we had to get all new stuff and a chrity like what crystal was talking about would be amazing and people who have the same issue could be helped better :D my heart goes out to all diabetics!!