1,266 Responses

1. Leesa
    Leesa October 11, 2010 at 7:09 pm | | Reply

well, ive been reading what everyone has written and i think im going to try it. i currently take metformin 500mg twice daily along with a cholestrol pill daily and a blood pressure pill daily, and 4000 of fish oil. i weigh 196 and am 5’2 1/2″ tall, my a1c is not bad, nor is most of anything else, but my endo says we need to get my weight down so i can come off of all my meds. i also have a slightly enlarged thyroid, did blood work today for that to see what is going on. im now taking a pill with metformin and janumet in it together. i guess i will call my dr tomorrow and see about getting on victoza…will continue to keep up with everyone and let u know how im doing…God Bless, Leesa

2. Linsey
    Linsey October 13, 2010 at 10:17 pm | | Reply

i’m on victoza now….i got sick at first…i’m on my thrid day..i’m losing weight by my sugars arent so stable….and i dont eat much….has anyone had that problem too?

3. Leesa
    Leesa October 16, 2010 at 10:45 am | | Reply

i have had 4 doses of victoza…no sickness or headaches…my appetite is definitely down…by my scales, ive lost about 3 lbs. i havnt checked my blood sugar yet to see where it is, but it was already staying down pretty well with the metformin…we will see how it goes on tuesday when i increase my dosage

4. Catrina
    Catrina October 16, 2010 at 12:00 pm | | Reply

I started Victoza about a month ago. Even with starting out on only .6mg, I still had extreme nausea. My sugars were so out of control i felt like crap all the time. My FBS in the mornings were 250 and up. Cant believe i was functioning with blood sugars of 400 a majority of the past year. I also started Actos 15mg along with metformin 500mg twice daily. Discontinued my lanuts at bedtime and replaced it with the victoza. My dose of victoza jumped from 0.6mg to the 1.2mg after a week and after a month i went back to my endo and he upped it to the 1.8mg. My sugars have been 90-100′s fasting and even after meals. I have lost 12lbs in a month and feel great. My appetite is a far cry from what it used to be and that alone is great. I have to say that getting past the nausea and a couple bouts of vomiting was the hardest part. It past within about two weeks even after I had increased my dosage there was very minimal nausea and no vomiting. I have so much energy and have been walking about 2 miles everyday. My A1C on my first visit to my endo was 11.1. After the first month they dropped down to 8.2. Cant wait to see what it is next visit. I feel so motivated.Other side effects i encountered other then nausea and vomiting was headache and heartburn. They too have past after time though. Taking the victoza at bedtime seemed to help out with some of the nausea. I find myself with no appetite really but continue to eat purely to avoid hypos. I have also been choosing better food options which has helped out also. Good luck to everyone who is battling the fight with diabetes.

5. Virginia
    Virginia October 16, 2010 at 7:37 pm | | Reply

I had taken Victoza for 2 months, then for unexplained reason didnt take it for 8 days or so. Do I need to start slow (.6) x 1 week and increase aslowly as when I started it? Do I need to take this for ever, since I do have an increase in appetite since being off!
    I really would describe my feelings as just being ‘turned off” by foods that I would normally not be able to quit…. and really not having my old quantity ability anymore. 164# >3 wks down 7#=157. havent checked lately. I am pleased with the results.
    thanks!

6. Bill
    Bill October 18, 2010 at 6:24 pm | | Reply

Hi Folks,
    Just to share a bit – I started Victoza on Aug 30th. Started with the .6 for a week or so and then switched to 1.2. Morning blood sugar has been the best I’ve seen in years, typically in the 110 range which is a huge improvement for me. I have lost weight too, dropped about 10 lbs in a month and a half. It is rare that I feel really hungry any more and that is a good thing.

Stomach upset is a problem but it is manageable. I’ll trade some commode time for better glucose readings anytime. It hasn’t been too bad but it is there.

I’m also on Metformin 1000/day.

Cheers

7. Jim
    Jim October 19, 2010 at 1:36 am | | Reply

Just started today. Fortamet 1000 twice a day, Actos every morning and Junivia every evening. BS spikes some with a average reading of 165 for the month. The Lab result is 7.6 something over the last 6 months. I am trying Victoza to replace Actos and Junivia. If so it will buy its way in. Other wise not. combining costs of Actos and Junivia for me is about 110 dollars so if i can get some weight loss and moderate my BS spikes well I am on board. I will try it for 30 days and see. The Nausea is manageable after about 9 hrs and seems to be subsiding. Started .6 for 7 days then 1.2 for the remainder of my supply. Will let you know how i progress. I am looking to cure my disease not just manage it. So i am looking into Modified Gas Bypass as well

8. Bobby
    Bobby October 19, 2010 at 4:39 am | | Reply

Well I’m on day 6 with Victoza at .6 mg and I have had a few side effects. The nausea has been in the afternoons and has been moderate at best. No vomiting thus far. I have lost a few pounds but I’ve noticed I’m urinating more, wander if that is the reason for the weight loss? Anyway I’ll see after a month or so. I will start 1.2 mg on Thursday night, hoping the side effects don’t become more severe. I have also noticed that slight constipation has occured but nothing too bad. Slight indigestion and believe or not hiccups! Yeah didn’t see that coming, “HICCUPS?” Anyway overall I see some good things with my BS reading but not nothing significant as of yet. I’m looking forward to the results after starting the 1.2 mg dosage. I’ve gotten use to the injection so that is no longer a factor for fear so life goes on and I pray that Victoza can be a blessing and not a passing lost hope. More to follow in the day and nights ahead. To all those blogging here, fight the good fight! We will win no matter what, loss is not an option! God Bless All…

9. Jane
    Jane October 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm | | Reply

6 weeks on V- last 4 at 1.2mcg/d. Wt down 10#’s. Blood sugars HUGE improvement but could be another 10-20 down. Stopped my Glumetza and have had no stomach issues since week 2 except constipation. Got HBA1C drawn last evening and will update. I am loving it, no side effects although I have had hiccups a few times and remember thinking I havent had them in a million years and previous poster tipped me just now it might be the V, occasional headache. I inject typically 9 am but have forgotten adn switched briefly to nights but trying to get back to the 9 am routine. Maybe I should set an alarm on my cell phone! I inject stomach usually above belly button and have bruising on and off. No idea why, my technique is flawless ( RN 25 yrs). My appetite is back but not 100%, def eat more out of boredom than hunger.

10. Leesa
    Leesa October 20, 2010 at 10:55 pm | | Reply

i am now on day 9 of victoza…i have taken 1.2 mg dosage now for second time…still no headaches or nausea! my appetite is still down, i could go all day and not even be hungry, but i eat because i need to. i was so scared of the injections, but they r nothing to worry about, they dont hurt at all. if i have any side effects at all, it would be diarrhea, but i cant say if it is the victoza or the metformin, so… i take the shot at nite right before i go to bed, no complaints so far

11. jim
    jim October 21, 2010 at 9:50 am | | Reply

On day three of the .6 Victoza. Cut Actos, Now just metformin(cheaper than Fortamet) 1000 mg twice a day, take the Victoza before 6 pm and Supper. I take Lisinopril in am and Crestor in evening with metformin.

I have lost my appetite, had a cross between nausea, heartburn, and gas all mild so far after each injection. I wake up with that feeling of when you eat to much the night before and its still with you. Very blotted then it seems to go away over time in the AM. Bowel movements are all ok. No head aches yet.

BS are trending down from a morining of 200+ to 170 this am and evening of 165 down to 140 ish in the evening yesterday. Each day the number come down about 20 points. The real point is it is a smoother BS ride so far. My weight is about the same. I have trouble losing weight.

I am not hungry, I use Whey Protien slow release drinks am for Breakfist with a bunch of amino acids and I take a custom pack of vitiams from Kurzwell each am. Nothing really odd just omega 3s and joint stuff.

So far so good.

12. Robyn
    Robyn October 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm | | Reply

Day 1 of Victoza. I am a 216 lb female with type II diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol. In spite of my best efforts, my A1c has been creeping higher over the past year. I am already on glipizide and metformin. The injection itself wasn’t bad, it was more the head game of working up to sticking myself. I am hoping this drug helps me get back on track, so I am hopefully, though I am scared as well. I have went two bouts requiring ICU hospitalization with Pancreatitis. In fact, I believe that my increased A1c numbers are linked to the damage done by the pancreatitis. At any rate, with the uncertainty of the correlation between Victoza and pancreatitis, I am worried. It seem I have a choice of possibly causing pancreatitis, or the probability of neuropathy, glaucoma and heart disease from letting my numbers stay high. I started out today on the lowest dose .6, and the doc wants me to bump that to 1.2 in a week. Here goes nothing…

13. Debbie R.
    Debbie R. October 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | | Reply

My name is Debbie and I started taking Victoza .6 yesterday. I had a little nausea but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Today was better with no nausea noticed. Besides being a diabetic type 2, I have high blood pressure and cholesterol, and refux. All these issues are treated with meds. I found out today that I have a thyroid problem as well and need to start Synthroid. My other diabetes meds are Metformin ER 1000 mg x2 a day, Januvia in the a.m., Glipizide ER 10 mg 2 x a day, and Lantus 20 units at bedtime. My endo has me taking Victoza in the morning. The shot isn’t a problem since I’ve been used to injecting the Lantus for a little over a year already. I need to lose a considerable amount of weight and hope Victoza will help with that as well as lower my A1C which is currently 8.0. I am a bit concerned about the warnings of cancer and pancreatits. And, I am also hoping I can tolerate the higher dose amounts when it’s time for me to increase to them. My endo has me doing a week at each of the first 2 levels before proceeding to the 1.8.

Reading all your comments is making me more comfortable with taking this meds. I send good wishes for all of us to control our diabetes.

14. Bobby
    Bobby October 22, 2010 at 5:36 am | | Reply

Day 11 (1.2 mg per day), well where do I begin… Weight loss at 6 lbs, BS AM readings 120-130, Side effects thus far has been mostly nausea since I up’ed my dosage to 1.2 mg. The constipation has lessened and overall my appetite has diminished significantly. No problems with the injection site. My energy has been good and overall I’m feeling quite good. I’m trying to control my diminshed appetite with smaller meals to ensure my BS’s remain stable while working on a work-out regimen that will compliment my overall plan for weight loss and living more healthy. To recap all is going well thus far. Victoza right now is doing good but as much as I’m an optimist I’m taking a guarded stance on this one until I reach about the 60 day mark. To all those fighting with me I wish you all the best in your fight! God Bless…

15. anjali
    anjali October 22, 2010 at 9:18 am | | Reply

God is great!! I went to see my Dr. yesterday, It was a very pleasant visit. I have lost 11 lbs in one month. My blood sugars range any were from 76-140 PP. I have not taken regular insulin for some time. My appetite is coming back, but I control it very much with not eating any carbs. My Hgh A1C was 8.6 a month ago , at the Dr,s it was 6.2 . He was very pleased with my progress. He also took me off Novalog completely. What I,m saying hang in there it works. My Dr. is taking Vic. so he can loose the wt. I hope I continue to have such good progress. Good luck to all.

16. Karen
    Karen October 22, 2010 at 3:33 pm | | Reply

Day 8, 7 pounds down, morning BS 110, doseage 1.8. Nausea has been a problem, but so far have been dealing with it. Last night took the 1.8 step up and nausea hit once today, pretty heavy. All in all, I think this has been a great step forward. AND I want to thank all of you that have posted. I read everything that has been posted before I went back to my doctor and told her that yes I wanted to take it. I will continue to read and wish everyone the best of luck.

17. Robyn
    Robyn October 22, 2010 at 6:32 pm | | Reply

Day 2.
    Some lightheadness throughout the day. Definitely no appetite, but I wouldn’t really say that I had much nausea. The headache kicked in this afternoon, and three aspirin later it is still pounding away. No injection site bruising. Some muscle soreness, not sure if that is related as I haven’t really notices anyone else mentioning it. Tired, can’t concentrate, all my limbs seem to feel extra heavy today and it takes a lot of effort to get moving.

18. Gloria
    Gloria October 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm | | Reply

I started on Victoza around the 1st of July. On the drug a little over three months, the side effects are mostly gone but the benefits are getting better everyday. I have now lost a total of 30 pounds and I have approximately 50 more to go. I’m very happy with the results I’m getting from using this drug as part of my preventive care. As a matter of fact, I went to the dentist for a cleaning today. Apparently a blood pressure check is now a requirement. My blood pressure was normal. As a matter of fact, my outlook on life is even a little better. I’ve even noticed that my smile is brighter in pictures.
    I went into this knowing the side effects, but was hungry (literally) for some help. And thanks to you all and your support — I’m working towards my goal finally of being healthier.
    I still keep up with everyone’s posts even though I dont always get an opportunity to post. We are going to make it.

19. Rick
    Rick October 23, 2010 at 10:48 am | | Reply

Started the Victoza yesterday morning. My doctor started me on 1.8, the same dosage he is taking for his diabetes. Last evening before dinner, my blood sugar was some 20 points below usual. This morning upon rising , was 106 … usual readings are around 130 – 140. Also taking Metformin, 1000mg, 2 X day. No nausea. No real lightheadedness. Definitely a decrease in appetite. No sleep problems. I felt full this morning after eating about half of a 2 egg omelet. I feel better already, after 2 injections. If this continues, I think I will have found a new ‘friend’.

20. JIM
    JIM October 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm | | Reply

DAY 4, 0.6, 2 fortamets, plus other meds, Dropped ACTOS I don’t need it any more it seems.

BS was 127 today down from and average of 165 when I started.
    I Lost 4 pounds since start on Monday. Just not hungry, I use a Whey protien drink with active yogart for morning meal and it keeps me full most of the day. Lots of good amino acids.

I get light headed after the injection and i get sleepy. So take a nap and feel fine. Take the Victoza in the evening. No more upset stomach.

21. Debbie R.
    Debbie R. October 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | | Reply

Day 5 for me. I did notice a bit of nausea yesterday. It went away after a while. I find myself getting full and not eating anywhere as much as I was prior to this med. My morning BS today was about 30 points lower than it usually is. I have 2 more days at the .6 level before increasing to the 1.2 level. After reading everyone’s comments, I’m prepared for possible increased side effects. I don’t usually have low BS so am a bit anxious about that happening. I plan to keep some candy or glucose tabs in my purse just in case.

22. Charles
    Charles October 24, 2010 at 3:13 pm | | Reply

I have been on Victoza for three months (1.2 mg) and have absolutely no side effects whatsoever, and have lost a total of 32 lbs during that time period. I am a Type 2 diabetic and exercise at least once a day for 1 hr, lifting free weights and using the EFX elliptical machine for at least 45 minutes daily. So far, I’m a believer in Victoza

I am 69 yrs old and was diagnosed with diabetes about 4 years ago.

23. Sheila
    Sheila October 25, 2010 at 9:46 am | | Reply

Day 2 of V. I am feeling good! Just slight headache, but tylenol helps it! Not to hungry today give my shot in the am before breakfast per Dr. I could only eat half of a SF instant oatmeal with walnuts added for breakfast!
    I was wondering what food plan, or diet plan you all are following to see what I might need to do!
    Thanks for all of the wonderful entries, I was scared about it all but feel so much better now! Good lick and I am praying for each of you as we walk this journey together!

24. Jennifer
    Jennifer October 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm | | Reply

Hi All!
    I was diagnosed with type 1- late onset adult autoimmune diabetes about 1 year ago. I do still have some functioning beta cells and my Endo has prescribed Victoza along with Lantus and Glucophage. I did use Byetta for awhile but my fasting glucose started whipping towards 200-300. This is my 5th day on Victoza and I missed 3 days at work because of nausea (I work as an RN in the ICU so feeling quesy means I am not able to tend to my patients needs.)Victoza REALLY works for appetite control-I must force myself to eat- so I think one can expect some weight loss. The good news is that my blood sugars are lower! My Endo tells me that after a while the body gets used to Victoza and it stops working but I am hoping that this is the ticket for a while.
    Good Luck!
    Jenn

25. Sheila
    Sheila October 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm | | Reply

TYPO in earlier posting.GOOD LUCK everyone! I do take Metformin er 500mg x 4 per night, Triplix, Micardis and Diltiazem! My dr. said I am a good candidate for this and I am excited as the insulins I have been on have made me gain weight! I am hopeful and trying very hard to make it all work out!

26. Sheila
    Sheila October 26, 2010 at 5:31 am | | Reply

Day 3 of V..down 2.5# what a great feeling to step on the scale and see a loss! I was wondering if anyone has a good meal plan or eating plan they would like to share! My am BS was 176 still high but lower. I take my shot in the am and feel good! Slept good too! Good luck to each of you and keep up the good work!!

27. jim
    jim October 26, 2010 at 9:10 am | | Reply

Started my 1.2 dose yesterday. No side effects that I noticed but I was busy. One Fortamet in AM one Fortament in the evening when I take the Victoza. Had Sushi last night BS this am 190 way above averg of previous days. White rice I suppose. Any way lower than 215 which is what it would have been.

We will see hot the week goes with new dose. so far 7 days and a wake up on Victoza. Weight came back last night so net no lose for the week. I feel thinner but have been drinking lots of water all day, every day makes me thursty. Of courese the Kikkomans is full of salt.

Later

28. Sheila
    Sheila October 27, 2010 at 7:46 am | | Reply

Day 4……….lost 5 pounds, still feeling good, not hungry! Still looking for a good meal plan ideas! Good luck to everyone!

29. jim
    jim October 27, 2010 at 7:48 am | | Reply

Morning of day three two does of 1.2. and fortamet.
    Amazing effects of Victoza, BS AM 143, Weight loss this am due to water retension 6 pounds, no side effects except more energy.

I wanted to say I have lowered eating fatty food, and carbohydrates. I have been counseling with a nutrietionists(sp). It was something my doctor perscribed for me. It works listening to and learning how to pick foods both in a restraunt and at the store. So fish every other night for dinner, salads with olive oil and vinigar etc. This all took TIME TO WORK OUT, over a year so dont expect miricles but it helps a lot.

my opinion, good luck.

30. jim
    jim October 27, 2010 at 7:52 am | | Reply

Day 9, morning of day two on 1.2, BS 134, Weight loss of 6 pounds in the AM. I have spent some time with a nutrientists to learn about the right foods to buy and eat. This was perscribed by my physician. Very good thing. This had taken over a year to get the diet right. I have also found strick approach doesnt work for me so I have giving my self some flex. on the diet.

31. Doris King
    Doris King October 28, 2010 at 7:48 am | | Reply

I took my first injection today and I did press down on the pen and it click a couple of time however when I remove the needle it had not return to the zero it was at the broken lines. I wanted to know if I should had put the needle back in and finish the dose to the zero, or should I wait until tomorrow and do the next dose?

32. Ruth
    Ruth October 28, 2010 at 7:49 am | | Reply

Hello Everyone…it’s been a while. I had my three month check up today. (began V on 6-21) I’ve lost 8 pounds and my A1C is 6.9 down from 8.9. I was very pleasedl as was the Dr. See…as I mentioned before – I suffer from a wicked binging disorder and had some lapses during this three month period having had some 200-250 readings despite the V. (I take Metformin, too 1000 bid) Anyway…despite some failures, I’m on my way.
    I’m 5.7 and 270. Down from an alltime high of 288. That’s over a year though…the last 8 from V. I had great appetite control the first month of V but no more. I could eat anything lol. but I am trying. I’m 56 and I just want to feel better. i bought a treadmill and haven’t used it. Yet. I was so bouyed by the visit, I walked the dog a 1/2 mile! I hope for more umph to do better and avoid sugar. Good luck to everyone.

33. Doris
    Doris October 28, 2010 at 7:53 am | | Reply

I think I do feel some burning from the medicine, but I am not sure, yes I am sure it’s a little hurting feeling, I did not put the needle back in, I decided to wait untll tomorrow before giving myself another injection. First day jitters.

34. Sheila
    Sheila October 28, 2010 at 8:10 am | | Reply

Day 5 of V…………down 6 pounds, woohoo! I still have am FBS of 172…from 176.got a call into Dr. I am not hungry made myself eat some apple slices for breakfast with my coffee. Still sleeping much better. No side effect, more energy, just frustrated because am FBS are still about same! My A1c was horrible at 8.6 last week.Pray for me and I am praying for all of you! Anyone with good advise please reply soon!

35. jim
    jim October 28, 2010 at 8:26 am | | Reply

Sheila, Hang in consistant behavior is the key to this working. It is not fun or easy. Good diets, exercise(walking).

It will work. clean your finger you prick well and dry. No alchol residue. New lancet each time and buy uptodate strips. Check strips with the calibration drops. Make a place for it all keep it clean and new. The cheaper strips are sometimes out of date. Nothing White goes in his mouth.

36. Sheila
    Sheila October 28, 2010 at 9:19 am | | Reply

Thanks Jim, I wash hands three times and dry before any testing. I always check supplies as I use name brand One Touch! I eat fruits and veggies and the only white I might eat here or there is steamed red potato or small baked with a steak! Eat very lean, walk treadmill, bike at the Gym here at the University where I work. I am trying just trying to be compliant for my A1c to improve dramatically! Insulin made me gain weight, not happy about that! Dr. gets upset because BS high in am and gain weight so he adjusts to no avail. So hopefully V is the answer in the long run!

37. john
    john October 28, 2010 at 11:13 am | | Reply

Took my first shot right before lunch, all the reports here are very encouraging as i need to both lower A1c and lose weight. Right now I am on 1 month trial and then back to doc to check results, but the weight loss numbers I see here for folks are very encouraging , i only need to lose about 35 lb so this seems well with in range and like many others here have mentioned I seem to be a binge eater and snacker especially after supper which is the worst time, so wish me luck

38. Debi
    Debi October 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm | | Reply

3 Weeks ago I began Victozia – first week on .06, then upped to 1.2. Dr says I will remain on this dosage.

I am thrilled about the results I’ve had so far. I’ve lost 12 lbs, and have no appetite, and when I do force myself to eat, it’s as if the food swells inside me, give me a bloating full sensation, therefore I eat at a minimum.

The negative side effects for me is that I get nauseated daily, and vomit often, in addition to having diarrhea. I am praying this passes soon.

Due to the nausea, it’s helped taking the shot right before bedtime in order to sleep through the worst of this.

I am concerned over the drug having a black box attached to it.

I am anxious to read others progress as we continue taking this.

Good luck to all.

39. Doris
    Doris October 28, 2010 at 7:13 pm | | Reply

Debi, you are the second person that say they take this injection at night, and lost the weight. I am hoping I will drop 15lbs by Jan 1. this is my first day on this, I also have a 30 day trial. I am praying that it do not come with a black box also, how long before any one started having nausea or other side affects? my problem is I snack all night long, on mainly fruits.

40. Jim
    Jim October 29, 2010 at 9:26 pm | | Reply

First week of the 1.2, 5th day got sick for the first time. I wasnt feeling good so made a mistake on injection today and some ran out. Big drop. Did not re inject will wait till tomorrow and do it right. Took my other meds and watch what i eat to help out the BS. BS went up to 170 from 140 due to mistake. Weight seems stable but i feel skinner. Maybe inches instead of pounds. I am a big man.

Tomorrow I have to travel and stay up late which I am not good at. We shall see how this travels in a car. bad heart burn each morning.

41. Jane
    Jane October 31, 2010 at 6:22 pm | | Reply

My doctor is going to put me on victoza. I’m a little concerned as I only weigh 118 and I read a lot about bigger weight loss. Plus, my bp is normal. I don’t want it to go down too far. The thyroid cancer risk worries me too. However, my blood sugar is always 200+ so I think it will help that, but my only health problem before diabetes was migraine headaches. I even had a breast reduction to stop them. If I watch what migraine trigger foods I eat, I don’t have many anymore. However, I read the victoza gives bad headaches. Don’t know what to do. Take it or not.

42. Doris
    Doris October 31, 2010 at 9:03 pm | | Reply

Jim, you are having the same feeling as I am, this is my forth day I haven’t gotten sick yet, but I did the same thing with my injection today, so I decided to wait until tomorrow before giving myself another injection I feel skinner to, I agree maybe it inches and not pounds I have loss. I went on a long trip yesterday about 7 hours I did great, I gave myself the injection around 7:00am that morning about 2 hours earlier than my normal time, I didn’t have a appetite at all that day I had to make myself eat something, I eat a half of philly steak sandwich and drink some water, but I did mess up I ate some butter pecan ice cream and it burn my tonuge that is the only side effect I have had in four days.

43. Jim
    Jim October 31, 2010 at 9:18 pm | | Reply

Jim again, Finished 7 days of .6 and 6 days of 1.2 my final dosage level. Moved my injection to first thing AM to max out my appetite control it seems to impart. This will in turn max my weight loss I am thinking. My BS are now in the 120′s range during the day and move up 50 points after i eat then come back down. I start my walking regime tomorrow so I will be walking for 30 min at least out side. My walking causes me to lose 50 points on my BS if I do it three days in a row, each day there after is the -50 number for a couple of hours till my old weight caught up with me. I have dropped from 266 to 256 in 13 days. It is quite a steady drop. I have been getting sick to my stomach some each day now. Nothing really bad, it doesn’t make me want to eliminate. Bowl movements are steady and consistent. I do take a pepside each time I take my metformine. Seems to work as advertised. I will take my A!C test from wal mart at the end of two pens which is in two more weeks. I will report my A!C. Then we take the Doctors version so they can put it on record. A!C at wal mart is two tests for 25 bucks.

44. Rhonda
    Rhonda November 1, 2010 at 9:18 am | | Reply

It has been great to read about the effects of V on each of you. I am 2 weeks into V. My AM BS are still not that great, 150′ish. I have had some stomach issues and really have been constipated. Am starting stool softners today and trying to drink more water. I have really had a very latargic feel, and have been a litle blue. Hope I can get in the swing so I can excersize. Thanks for all of your support.

45. Sheila
    Sheila November 1, 2010 at 10:08 am | | Reply

Day 9 on V.2nd day on 1.2…..still feel great, no side effects.wondering if they will start in a few days or not! Still got lots of energy. Still taking it in the am. I make sure I eat three healthy small meals! Eat yogurts, fruit and fresh veggies to! Wishing everyone another successful day on V! Blessings! BS is 140-160 in am’s still better than over 180!

46. TERRI
    TERRI November 1, 2010 at 12:40 pm | | Reply

All I know is my sugar was not responding to my oral medications. My Doctor recommended the Victoza and my fasting sugar dropped 100 points after the 1st injection. I have also lost 4 lbs. in the last 10 days.

47. Leesa
    Leesa November 2, 2010 at 2:12 pm | | Reply

today is 3 weeks ive been on v. no nausea, no headaches, appetite is still way down. i may say that im starving, but can only eat about half or less of what i used to eat. i still havnt moved up to the higher dosage, guess i will do that tonite, ive lost about 6 lbs in 3 weeks. i still have about 50 lbs to go…i just dont want to lose it to fast!

48. Sheila
    Sheila November 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm | | Reply

suppose to be day 9 on v but i forgot the shot to hectic this am at home before work! I feel good no nausea, headache etc… more energy still. I have decreased appetite, I eat fruit or yogurt for breakfast have a cheese stick for am snack, the a salad and some lean protein on it for lunch, a yogurt or cheese stick for afternoon snack, a small sensible dinner with a protein, veggies and a salad always, my fav thing! I need to eat a protein something before bed per dr. so I eat a yogurt normally.
    I will start back on 1.2 tomorrow and pray i remember it!
    thanks for all of the positive feedback on this wonderful blog! I have been extra careful on what i ate today since i forgot shot! Blessings and good luck to each of you!

49. Jim
    Jim November 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm | | Reply

had a big dinner last night BS this am was 163 way above my new V number average but way below 200+ wo V. ran out of test strips had my doc prescribe them got them on my drug plan saved 50 dollars a hundred. So I have to wait for the post office to mail my strips. Feel very good except for constant indigestion. My weight has come back 5 pounds. So I will not weight for a week and hope I am losing. My pants are falling off so I have to go to the store to buy a new belt. Hopefully I will have to buy new pants soon. I am a big guy. two weeks and a day on V. Good so far. compared to the oral medicine that I have to start taking last year and all the upset bowels every three days this is a piece of cake.

50. Marsha
    Marsha November 3, 2010 at 3:17 am | | Reply

Week 4 on Victoza. Saw the doc – he’s happy with my Blood Sugars finally under 100 so I get to stay on .6 dosage for now. Will have A1C checked in January. I had lost 10 pounds at week 2 and I am hoping it stays off, tho the weight loss has slowed now. I never did really have any major side effects – eating crackers eased the stomach upset and I have found that it is the level of liquids that I drink each day that determines if I end up constipated or have diarrhea. I’ve about got that balanced out now. I went to a kickoff dinner for Toys for Tots volunteers about a week ago. I was shocked, here are these WWII vets in their 80′s chowing down – eating at least 4 times as much as I could ever imagine eating. I really wish I could eat normally and not gain weight or have high blood sugars. An average of 1000 calories per day seems to be my norm for just maintaining weight and to lose weight is considered starvation by the doctors I know. Does anyone know if such a slow metabolism normal for Type II diabetics?

Anyway – good luck everyone, sounds like 99% of us are finding success on Victoza and the side effects for the most part become bearable or disappear alltogether. Cheers to you all!!!