1. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson April 9, 2010 at 8:11 am | | Reply

I love this idea, and look forward to catching an episode or two.

We all face many struggles, and I think many of us feel very isolated and alone when we’re fighting these things. Sometimes it feels like the deck is stacked against us, and we cannot win.

Watching a variety of people successfully dealing with a diverse set of issues will probably help a lot of people.

2. dargirl
    dargirl April 9, 2010 at 10:59 am | | Reply

I am glad to see this happening. I hope that this will be avaialble nationally. Not just in CA.

3. Sandra Bourdette
    Sandra Bourdette April 9, 2010 at 11:01 am | | Reply

Thanks, Amy!
    As you know, we are ‘over the moon’ excited about this program, the people who are participating in it and the results they are already achieving. I’ve always been a fan of reality programming and I am confident this one will not disappoint. The participants are amazingly candid and willing to share their challenges so that others might benefit. It’s a remarkable experience we are living in right now here at TCOYD and we thank you for sharing this ‘sneak preview’ with your readers!
    All the best,
    Sandy Bourdette, TCOYD

4. Sandra Bourdette
    Sandra Bourdette April 9, 2010 at 11:31 am | | Reply

XDM will be available on the web in several different places. Amy was referring to the location of the XDM participants – they are in the greater San Diego area so the Dr. Edelman and the rest of the Dream Team can personally interact with them during this journey.

5. Phyllis anderson
    Phyllis anderson April 9, 2010 at 1:52 pm | | Reply

The idea of a TV show is very exciting. Diabetes has plagued my family from the old to the young. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing information that will benefit us. I also look forward to following the lives of people who live with the disease everyday but are overcomers. I like that you have a cross section of people: gender, age, and race.

6. Vanessa
    Vanessa April 9, 2010 at 4:14 pm | | Reply

This is a great program idea. Hopefully many non-diabetics will watch it and see how people with diabetes work so darn hard every single day!

7. mollyjade
    mollyjade April 10, 2010 at 12:01 am | | Reply

Yay for screen time for adult type 1s!

8. Net-Based Show ‘Extreme Diabetes Makeover’ in the Works | Diabetes News Hound

[...] and is called the “Extreme Diabetes Makeover”. The blog Diabetes Mine recently posted a preview of the upcoming series, which looks really [...]

9. Amy
    Amy April 18, 2010 at 3:48 pm | | Reply

10. CC
    CC April 23, 2010 at 11:19 am | | Reply

Cool idea for a show! I’ve been using food to ward off my family’s history of diabetes. There’s a wonderful movie out called Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days at http://www.addsomeraw.com. While I don’t go to that extreme, (how can you give up warm soups in the winter?) I know my diet has kept me from the needle and adding fresh raw fruits and vegetables to at least one meal a day helps.

FYI – Diabetes Action Week is April 25-30 and the movie is 50% off for the week.