1. Thomas
    Thomas March 31, 2010 at 2:27 pm | | Reply

Amy

I’m always glad to hear about new things coming to market, but tge bane of my life, as a pumper, is all the junk I have to carry around and make sure is in date: I wish other meter manufacturers would follow Abbott’s lead and incorporate blood ketone testing into their glucose meters.

Until that happens, I’m sticking with my deeply unsexy Optium Xceed (or am I the only diabetic in the world who tests for ketones?).

2. mollyjade
    mollyjade March 31, 2010 at 10:26 pm | | Reply

If they can get 5% accuracy, or even 10%, I’d switch in a heartbeat.

3. June S
    June S April 1, 2010 at 5:09 am | | Reply

If these new meters are so very accurate, I do hope they can convince the insurance companies that we should be using them. I prefer the Freestyle Lite that Abbott makes, but since my insurance company only reimburses me 80% for those, versus 90% for the One Touch strips, I use the One Touch strips. (I hope I’m wrong, but things may get even worse when ObamaCare takes over!)

4. Karen
    Karen April 1, 2010 at 8:53 am | | Reply

Thanks for this post. It made me look into the wavesense meters and I plan on switching from the One touch ultra to either the Jazz or this new meter once it’s released. According to the whitepaper on the Jazz, 90% of the test results are with 10% accuracy of the lab test results. That’s amazing that they achieve this kind of accuracy and it’s like a best kept secret.

I had been forced to use the One touch meters by my insurance company for the last five years with no other choices. I was shocked when I inquired about coverage for the Jazz to find out that the test strips are not only covered but will actually cost 1/3 the price of the one touch strips for a 3 month supply!!! I never would have know this if I hadn’t called.

Thanks for the good information on this crazy disease.

5. Christick
    Christick April 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm | | Reply

I’ve been using the Wavesense Presto for over 2 years and am constantly astonished at its Consistency. I can’t attest to its actual Accuracy but multiple readings taken from the same drop of blood (to calibrate my Dexcom) are never more than 5 points different, and often are identical. I’ve never had an “outlier” (80-100 points off) that I often experienced with my One-Touch. Kudos to Agamatrix for an outstanding product!

6. Clarke
    Clarke April 1, 2010 at 11:29 pm | | Reply

Too bad the Dexcom is still +/- 20%

Heard Medtronic is coming out with a new sensor in the fall that is even more accurate, smaller, and more comfortable.

Can’t wait!