1. Scott Strange
    Scott Strange January 28, 2010 at 8:24 am | | Reply

What a great post, Andreina!!

2. Misty Faucheux
    Misty Faucheux January 28, 2010 at 10:11 am | | Reply

Great post! This is so inspirational. I’ve known many people with diabetes and know of the confusion and suffering that they go through. Great advice!

3. Amy
    Amy January 28, 2010 at 11:43 am | | Reply

Thank you so much for this! I see myself in every thing you said.When I started going out with my boyfriend I knew nothing about diabetes, as you I learned a lot about being ready to deal with the lows. Also I learned how to just be there for him, not nag and try to support him the best I can. Thank you so much for sharing this, it helps a lot to hear other peoples stories about taking care of their loved ones with diabetes.

4. Andreina D.
    Andreina D. January 28, 2010 at 7:11 pm | | Reply

Thank you so much everybody, I feel so honored to be here. :)

5. the poor diabetic
    the poor diabetic January 28, 2010 at 7:38 pm | | Reply

Tu diabetes is so addictive for me, I can’t go a day without checking it out and commiserating with friends. Thanks for it and an inspirational story.
    I have been branding all of my friends who help me in the diabetes fight as type 3 you should have seen the laughs we had when someone actually thought they had type 3 diabetes. fun times

6. SBM
    SBM January 29, 2010 at 2:11 am | | Reply

It is truly wonderful the human spirit, we can always draw strength from the strength others show. Thankyou for this inspiring story and best of luck to you Andreina and Manny.

7. MelissaBL
    MelissaBL January 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm | | Reply

Beautifully written, Andreina. Thank you for helping US consider the sacrifices and fears of those we love…and for providing us with TuDiabetes.org!

8. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson January 30, 2010 at 4:32 pm | | Reply

Amy – thank you so much for sharing Adriena’s post with us. It is an amazing slice of insight into what living with us can be like.

Adriena – thank YOU for doing all that you do! I really loved what you said about the negative energy staying in the air and making it very dense. What a wonderful description of what it can be like sometimes.

9. Dr. Elaine
    Dr. Elaine February 3, 2010 at 7:27 pm | | Reply

Diabetes is a disease that affects the entire family, especially the patient’s partner. Thank you so much for discussing this pertinent quality of life issue.