1. FatCatAnna
    FatCatAnna January 22, 2010 at 7:02 am | | Reply

Love the picture of the diet drink with BACON – yummy! Whoever had the time to Photoshop that is to be patted on the back (not too hard – you might knock them out – ya hear?).

Yes, some places I post where diabetics go for advise, etc. can be very serious and humour isn’t appreciated sometimes. I’ve even gotten told off by the Admin of some of these sites for my LOL approach to dealing with diabetes. Granted, I do try to joke for the opening line (I should have been on stage – that’s what my Mum always told me) – but then I’ll get into the nitty gritty serious side of things, but still with that bit of humour. I can’t help but be who I am.
    Anyway, if anyone ever opens up StupidDiabetes.com for real – you know I’ll be one of the 1st to sign up!!!

2. FatCatAnna
    FatCatAnna January 22, 2010 at 7:05 am | | Reply

Just a test to see if the same thing happens as it did before when I placed a comment (have saved a copy of it incase it didn’t go thru’). There was no acknowledgment that it was received so perhaps I mistyped the “two words”. I have a feeling that comments are moderated. Testing, testing, one, deux, trois …

3. Cherise
    Cherise January 22, 2010 at 7:22 am | | Reply

Congrats Kristin…woot! You go girl!

4. kdroberts
    kdroberts January 22, 2010 at 7:27 am | | Reply

Diet coke with bacon, reminds me of Budweiser Chelada – bud light with and clam and tomato juice (http://miasmaticreview.mu.nu/mt-static/Bud%20Light%20Chelada.jpg)

One question though. What was the gaff that made your day? I read over and over but I can’t see it!

5. kdroberts
    kdroberts January 22, 2010 at 8:37 am | | Reply

@AmyT – I’d guess that poster is not from the US, probably from the UK. Tidbit is American for titbit! It’s funny, whenever I see tidbit I laugh and it brightens up my day :-)

6. mollyjade
    mollyjade January 22, 2010 at 9:12 am | | Reply

Diet coke with bacon made me snort. Thanks!

7. Erin
    Erin January 22, 2010 at 9:36 am | | Reply

Yeo, as kdroberts says, “titbit” is the standard British English (and probably Australian and possibly Canadian) variation of American English “tidbit”. So it’s not really a gaffe. :)

8. Michael Hoskins
    Michael Hoskins January 22, 2010 at 10:15 am | | Reply

Diet Coke with Bacon… This is the greatest thing I’ve ever heard of.

9. the poor diabetic
    the poor diabetic January 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm | | Reply

@kdroberts….Am Actually Kenyan, but learned the British English Version among other British influences.
    So its boot not trunk and chips not french fries….lol
    Ronald Gregory

10. Babscampbell
    Babscampbell January 22, 2010 at 6:38 pm | | Reply

Diet Coke with BACON!!!! OMG! Laugh Out Loud Funny!!!
    I want it, I need it. . I MUST have it!
    Congrats to the winners. . I’m excited to see what happens with the website!

11. Don Reid
    Don Reid January 25, 2010 at 8:07 pm | | Reply

Diet coke with bacon leads me to wonder what else we could come up with, maybe mountain dew and cheese?

12. affiliate
    affiliate February 25, 2010 at 12:02 am | | Reply

“tit bit” instead of “tidbit”