1. Crystal
    Crystal December 29, 2009 at 7:20 am | | Reply

Go with snarky. :-)

Oh, geez, those headlines. Wow. I mean. Come on.
    I sighed at each one. Too bad. Maybe 2010 will have something worthy or reading. We can only hope.

2. xim1970
    xim1970 December 29, 2009 at 8:02 am | | Reply

Wow…the contact lenses freaks me out…sure it could be a great way of finding out what your BG is, but it’s much harder to work looking through red lenses than with a 400 BG, especially because I’m a graphic artist!

3. Anne
    Anne December 29, 2009 at 8:15 am | | Reply

this is the story that caused me the most alarm: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091221123315.htm

What about the type 2′s on insulin? I’m also afraid the attitude in this article will spill over to type 1 in the never-ending confusion between type 1 and type 2.

The real problem is that test strips cost too much!! Has the basic technology even changed in the past 20 years? Still glucose oxidase on there, no?

Please someone make a meter without ridiculously expensive disposable parts!

4. Meri
    Meri December 29, 2009 at 9:35 am | | Reply

I’m still shaking my head. That is the media for us. I have sent a few letters out myself this year correcting erroneuos facts. :(

5. Type1er
    Type1er December 29, 2009 at 11:14 am | | Reply

@xim1970 I highly doubt the ‘see-through’ color will change. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

6. the poor diabetic
    the poor diabetic December 30, 2009 at 12:31 pm | | Reply

As usual with our news media it is not just about delivering news but sensationalizing it as well, who was gonna read this anyway if they didn’t put it out that way, every diabetic I know. I mean did they have to add the word soon to the contact lens story, i think not

7. Paul
    Paul December 30, 2009 at 5:20 pm | | Reply

As a 40 year PWD, I have developed two definitions of the word, “soon”.
    In casual conversation, “see ya soon”, means perhaps later this year.
    In diabetic scientific advances, “soon”, means, perhaps in your lifetime,
    perhaps. Great list!

8. Sysy Morales
    Sysy Morales January 3, 2010 at 7:34 pm | | Reply

I frankly, wouldn’t eat salmon as it is full of mercury (unless I were to shell out 3x the amount of money for the wild alaskan salmon. I also don’t eat oats unless my blood sugar is low. And in that case organic oats since the non organic ones are genetically modified to…not be good for you.