1. terry
    terry October 2, 2009 at 7:07 am | | Reply

We’ve been using it for about a year now and we will continue now that its a paid service. Its been great for logging my Type-1 son’s numbers. Its easy enough that he (age 11) was able to do it without a problem. Grandparents can login to check numbers on their computer to see how he’s been doing, and we are now using our iphones to do entries. My only wish (other than for it to continue being free!) was that it would support something like the iPod Touch so that my son could log his numbers when he’s away from an internet connection and then it would be posted once he’s connected. In my communications with them, it sounds like this is on the plate for future functionality. Otherwise very pleased, graphing and reporting functionality are very useful as is exporting (for backup or pushing to spreadsheet apps, etc).

2. Erin
    Erin October 2, 2009 at 11:04 am | | Reply

This is a fascinating concept! I just purchased an iPhone and am astounded at how useful it is. I balance my checkbook, find recipes for dinner, manage my calendar and locate natural cures for common ailments – and to think that an app could help diabetics to manage their daily nutrition is brilliant.

3. drcharles
    drcharles October 2, 2009 at 3:52 pm | | Reply

Good idea. I think the spread of mobile devices makes this tool especially useful, as it will increase accuracy and improve compliance when numbers are entered in real time.

4. George Bridgeman
    George Bridgeman October 5, 2009 at 1:21 am | | Reply

Looks like a great product. I’ll definately have a look at it and see what it’s like.

“To be perfectly frank, I’m not convinced that data logging itself is the Holy Grail of diabetes tools”

How do you expect to see blood glucose patterns in context without logging data that affects it?

George.

5. Todd
    Todd October 5, 2009 at 9:59 am | | Reply

$108/year? I like this website and iPhone app, and I want these guys to succeed, but I’ve got an Iphone app that cost $3 once and I do all my tracking on that just fine. I’d love an integrated website that went with my data entry device, but is it worth $100/year?

6. Matthew Tendler
    Matthew Tendler October 5, 2009 at 10:58 am | | Reply

Todd-

You might want to try our iPhone app- Glucose Buddy. It’s free to download on App Store and we give you Web integration for free, too.
    As a PWD, I think it’s really hard to justify paying 9 dollars a month for this sort of service if it’s just manual entry.

Let’s face it, manual logging ain’t fun. Paying for things ain’t fun either.

Usually asking a consumer to perform two non-fun activities doesn’t fare too well for a company. We’re going with the Google approach with Glucose Buddy (free to consumer).

7. Edwin
    Edwin October 6, 2009 at 3:33 am | | Reply

Great contribution!
    Glucose logging application and its companion iPhone app provide insulin dependent diabetics a simple and effective way to manage blood sugar levels for a healthier, longer life.

8. Jim
    Jim December 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm | | Reply

Log For Life is a great program. Very easy to navigate and record pertinent information; combined with easy access from my Iphone/ITouch as well as their website from any internet based computer. However, in these harder economic times, when people are pushed into making choices of where their hard earned money will go, (medications, Doctor bills, etc.) the cost of over one hundred dollars for maintenace of their system is way to high. We wish we could convience the owners to roll-back the montly cost to a more reasonable and afforable fee of in the five dollar range per month. They would certainly gain more clients, immediately!; and when the economy starts to stabilize, which it will, they will already have a large, already built loyal client base at which time gradual increases in maintenance costs could be justified , better understood and taken with stride. Remember the rule – if you take care of your customers, your customers will take care of you by coming back, time after time. For my family and I (we have several members in our family that benefit from programs such as these) we have made the move to Glucose Buddy, which doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as Log For Life, but certainly meets the tracking needs that we require.