1. Crystal
    Crystal October 20, 2009 at 6:31 am | | Reply

Amy -
    I get a message that the video is private.
    I’m sure it’s great though. :)

2. Mark M
    Mark M October 20, 2009 at 10:03 am | | Reply

Ideas for making the heart disease + diabetes message more “sexy”?

I dunno. I thought your video was pretty sexy. Maybe you could get Sienna Miller & some of her pals to do some videos on your blog. There must be hundreds of passionate doctors out there working on heart health & diabetes research. Maybe some of them have stories they’d like to tell on your blog. Is anything sexier than people who are passionate about what they’re doing?

3. Lisa Emrich
    Lisa Emrich October 20, 2009 at 10:40 am | | Reply

Hi Amy,
    I just recently started recording vlogs as part of an MS project using my own digital camera. Couple of things which I’ve found very helpful:
    >tripod to stabilize the shot
    >setting the camera close enough so that its microphone picks up the sound clearly
    >videos under 2:30 which yours is
    >natural light
    Stuff like that. Have fun with the camera and future vlogs
    Lisa

4. uberVU - social comments
    uberVU - social comments October 20, 2009 at 1:37 pm |

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by diabetesblogs: My First Vlog – from the Heart http://bit.ly/cq4oU #diabetes #dblog…

5. AmyT
    AmyT October 20, 2009 at 2:39 pm | | Reply

Thanks, guys – but I didn’t really mean making ME sexier. Warranty may be up on that one! ;)

6. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson October 20, 2009 at 3:15 pm | | Reply

Look at you GO! So great – Amy T. is officially vlogging! w00t! Way to go!

Great message too. I’m so excited to be a part of this project, and I hope that we can help make a difference for many, many people.

7. James Kildare
    James Kildare October 20, 2009 at 3:21 pm | | Reply

Skin cancer is a type of cancer that affects more people in the world, being the most affected people of fair complexion, this findrxonline in article; but it must be clarified that any person may suffer from skin cancer. Sunlight is a major cause for the development of skin cancer.

Causes of Skin Cancer:

The ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight is the main cause of skin cancer, especially when you are exposed for long periods of time in the sun. The best protection against skin cancer is to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight. Skin cancer detected early, offer greater chance of cure.

8. Eric
    Eric October 20, 2009 at 11:35 pm | | Reply

Good video, but I think it’s safe to say that recording something outside with traffic noise isn’t such a great idea. Good lighting, a quiet environment and a steady camera will do wonders for the quality of your vlog.

9. BevE
    BevE October 23, 2009 at 5:15 am | | Reply

Thanks Amy for doing this. It really does personalize it and as a visual learner it helps me remember facts better. I hate to see my self on camera as well – this was your first time and it turned out great. You will probably amaze yourself as time goes – there are so many options that you have doing this and it will continue to become more professional : D So thank you: D

10. Michael Ratrie
    Michael Ratrie October 23, 2009 at 7:12 am | | Reply

Amy,

You GO – as Bennett would say,

LYMI!

I remember seeing something from the World Diabetes Congress(?) a few years ago that spanked the heart disease and T1 connection IF you are managing the diabetes well AND are otherwise healthy.

NOW, I will have to go and see if I can find it.

Later,