1. Crystal
    Crystal October 23, 2009 at 6:39 am | | Reply

We are women, hear us roar!!! ;-)
    It’s never ending, what we’ll do, try to do, to look and feel put together.
    Rawr.

2. Khurt
    Khurt October 23, 2009 at 8:10 am | | Reply

Except for the “D” testing none of those other bathroom things are “have to do”. I mean … what’s life threating about not exfliating or picking out an earing? You “girls” make it tough on yourselves.

3. DS
    DS October 23, 2009 at 8:10 am | | Reply

It is one of the greatest revenges for suffering–looking hot while doing it (suffering). Or at least luke-warm :-)

4. Cynthia
    Cynthia October 23, 2009 at 8:12 am | | Reply

It is so good to hear you say what I’m thinking but don’t have the guts to say myself. Thank you.

5. Tony
    Tony October 23, 2009 at 8:15 am | | Reply

I do hear you that there is enough to worry about with just managing the diabetes let alone all the other complications. However, even with all of the things you listed, women, on average, DO live longer than men.

6. anonlurkermom
    anonlurkermom October 23, 2009 at 8:37 am | | Reply

You change your lancet? Weird.

7. ajf7688 Blog - » Health and Girl Stuff – DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] Read the original here: » Health and Girl Stuff – DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog [...]

8. uberVU - social comments
    uberVU - social comments October 23, 2009 at 7:13 pm |

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by Health_Posts: DiabetesMine: Health and Girl Stuff http://bit.ly/PDTeC
    #diabetes…

9. LindaB
    LindaB October 25, 2009 at 7:08 am | | Reply

I don’t know if Khurt is a guy, but, maybe if we all just ran around in sweat pants 24/7,stop all of the lotioning, exfoliating, waxing, even drying our hair, showered less, not try to wear anything pretty to look nice for our other, and just concentrated all our time to diabetes, all the men would be complaining that we have let ourselves go.
    they like the end result, but, don’t realize what time it takes to get there.
    On a side note,the loss of vision due to complications,just adds to the “fun” of all the girly activities. :)

10. gustavo chamorro
    gustavo chamorro October 26, 2009 at 4:24 am | | Reply

Hola Amy, y am the father or FRANCO CHAMORRO(11a) diabetico insulino dependiente desde los 2 year old. we are Eldorado-Misiones-Argentina-Sudamérica.y need work to you in unión for de calidad or life the peaple.I not ingles.dificulty.but we heart is big. y see you.GUSTAVO CHAMORRO(FATHER) franco(SUN)

11. William Lee Dubois
    William Lee Dubois October 26, 2009 at 10:52 am | | Reply

I guess this post makes me glad I’m a boy…