1. SC
    SC October 9, 2009 at 8:12 am | | Reply

Nice Article…

2. DS
    DS October 9, 2009 at 12:29 pm | | Reply

Eat jogurt every day, plain, full-fat jogurt, at least a cup.

Wear underwear that is thin and wicks away moisture–and not too tight, preferably a thin nylon or super-thin cotton.

Do not wear super-tight jeans or pants.

Stay away from panty-hose.

You can treat an attack with water mixed with plain jogurt, and a turkey baster (use your fantasy), two or three times a day for two days. It goes away, like magic.

Sleep naked–or wear a night shirt or gown.

Follow these simple steps and you can get rid of those attacks for months and years! I swear–I am living proof :-)

3. Sally smart
    Sally smart October 9, 2009 at 9:55 pm | | Reply

One other trick I like is drinking a glass of lemon water every day, it helps clean the system out. One teaspoon in a glass of water is enough if you dont really like lemon. Just try it, I also heard it will help you put your body back into the alkaline levels we should be in after we eat stuff that makes our insides acidic causing many other health issues.

4. June S
    June S October 10, 2009 at 5:27 am | | Reply

I agree that a good and simple antidote is to NEVER wear nylon panties. I buy only cotton ones. Make sure if you sweat “down there,” that you change those panties quicky!

5. k2
    k2 October 10, 2009 at 9:59 am | | Reply

I’ve found that Cranberry Concentrate tablets help. I’m a fan of Schiff because they make actual Geltabs. http://tinyurl.com/yhdvcy5 But any brand of Cranberry tabs work as long as they are super high in mgs. Cranberry is primarily known to help with urinary tract infections, but I find that the tabs help prevent infections in general, including the dreaded YI’s.
    I also agree with the eating lots of yogurt, wearing cotton undies, and the lemon with water cleansing method- which I think helps flush out your body in general.

One of my best friends SWEARS that the yogurt A’La turkey baster method works. She’s not a fan of antibiotics (almost to the point where she’d rather stay sick instead taking them) and has had positive results with it.
    GOOD LUCK

6. christian louboutin
    christian louboutin October 12, 2009 at 3:46 am | | Reply

we use strictly glucose tabs because they are consistent. I totally agree with the others who said the same thing

7. Ethan
    Ethan October 14, 2009 at 3:58 am | | Reply

I agree with this. The yeast is grown so that it is able to build up its nutrient reserves so that it’s ready for the reproduction needed for a 5 gallon batch.

8. Julia
    Julia October 24, 2009 at 2:35 am | | Reply

Garlic garlic garlic…. eat it, buy pills, put it in if you have a yeast infection… and go on the yeast free diet for a few months… keep doing it!!

9. Ruth
    Ruth November 7, 2009 at 10:23 am | | Reply

I suffered with thrush for more than 10 years, from 15 to 25 years old. But for me i now know how to avoid it. I visited a kinesiologist when i had been trying to get pregnant for 4 years with no joy. She told me to avoid bread (especially white), sugars, even fruit around the time of an outbreak, yeast products. Drink plenty of water and take acidophillus and garlic capsules. Eat lots of natural yoghurt and space the yoghurt out during the day. Like a spoonfull every hour. Use it like paracetamol if you had a headache. It was the candida in my body that was stopping me becoming pregnant and eventually causing me to miscarry as there was so much candida in my body!! But the good news is that it only took 3 weeks before i was pregnant. I stuck to this and i NEVER eat white break only wholemeal. I always have acidophillus in the fridge and eat lots of garlic. Oliver is now 7 years old and ive never had another thrush outbreak since!!!!

Ruth

10. fungus under toenail
    fungus under toenail January 27, 2010 at 11:25 pm |

fungus under toenail…

Only wanted to say your article is impressive. The lucidity in your post is quite striking and I can take for granted you’re and expert on this subject….