1. sajabla
    sajabla September 23, 2009 at 9:14 am | | Reply

THANKS. My boyfriend was just diagnosed with coeliac. He and I go at it about which is “harder” – i know they’ve both got their own difficulties, but at least when I eat what I “cant have” I can fix it with insulin.

I have been looking for online resources for him. I only started reading your blog a few months ago. I am directing him to check these out as we speak! THANKS.

2. Michael Ratrie
    Michael Ratrie September 23, 2009 at 9:56 am | | Reply

Amy, you are an amazing woman! Your damned good @ blogging, too! Where else could we get a triple play like this on the internet – in the last 10 days we have heard about celiac disease, Lyme disease and um…oh yeah, Diabetes.

Thanks! I am glad I come here often.

Fair Winds,
    Mike

3. Michael Ratrie
    Michael Ratrie September 23, 2009 at 9:58 am | | Reply

oops! sorry – You ARE damned good at blogging, too! As Bennet would say, LYMI.

4. Laura
    Laura September 23, 2009 at 10:57 am | | Reply

And best wishes to you! If you haven’t heard, Gluten-Free Girl is having a cookbook published next fall. Very exciting stuff! Her current book, “Gluten-Free Girl” was the most inspiring, hopeful and helpful resource I encountered when I was diagnosed with celiac.

I’ve been trying to blog a bit more about my celiac life at My Favourite Number. I posted a nice muffin recipe a few weeks ago if you’re looking for a tasty treat — and, bonus, they’re quite high in fibre which, for me, means no post-muffin BG spike. Gluten-free and in-range blood sugars? It’s every diabetic celiac’s dream =)

Take care.
    L.

5. Wellescent Health Forums
    Wellescent Health Forums September 23, 2009 at 3:42 pm | | Reply

It seems that patients are becoming more and more aware of the interrelationships between different medical conditions simply because they live with the complications every day and often take the effort to seek out answers. Its not surprising that your doctors knew nothing of this relationship as they are often busy doing work with the knowledge that they gained and have had less time to keep abreast of newer findings. Its best just to accept that as an interested patient, you will often find yourself educating your doctor. You just need to ensure your doctor recognizes your role as an educated patient.

6. Screen Sleuth
    Screen Sleuth September 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm | | Reply

Wow…diabetic and gluten intolerant…no bread and little sweets. Sounds like a life without a whole lot of food-based joy. It’s a good thing your research revealed this however, to save others the agony you faced.

7. Chris
    Chris September 24, 2009 at 1:00 pm | | Reply

Another resource for people who want to see unbiased gluten free food reviews is http://www.glutenfreefoodreviews.com.

The food is so expensive that my wife created a site to share great gluten free products with others that suffer from gluten allergies.

8. Paleo Cookbooks For Gluten-Free Living. | Cardiovascular Disease

[...] Wayback Wednesday: Greetings, Diabetic Celiacs (diabetesmine.com) [...]

9. Foo
    Foo November 12, 2010 at 8:47 am | | Reply

You might want to add to your list for those beer lover.
    Gluten free beer list :)