1. CALpumper aka Crystal
    CALpumper aka Crystal September 1, 2009 at 7:20 am | | Reply

And in another five years there will be another report, another finding, another reason to Do or Not Do this or that, eat this or that.

I say, if it works, work it.
    To each their own, your diabetes may vary, affects of food/drink will vary too.

And have some cheese with your wine every now and again. ;-)

wv: norman nomusers
    Dr. Norman Nomusers has now reported that trying to be witty with word verification could be hazardous to your health.

2. kokernutz
    kokernutz September 1, 2009 at 7:38 am | | Reply

I find that having red wine has the exact opposite effect on me… a few hours after a glass or two my BGs spike!

3. terry
    terry September 1, 2009 at 7:52 am | | Reply

“Someday they’ll decide that the real health foods are tobacco, steak, and beer.” – Woody Allen

4. Anne
    Anne September 1, 2009 at 8:17 am | | Reply

Recently there have been studies correlating alcohol consumption with breast cancer in women, as well.

5. Pubsgal
    Pubsgal September 1, 2009 at 10:56 am | | Reply

Alcohol tends to make my BG go down, but what I’ve read is that it does that because the liver is busy trying to clear the alcohol from one’s system and will not produce glucose. (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-management/DA00005/NSECTIONGROUP=2) So while I would not use it to try to regulate my blood glucose levels, I do enjoy a glass of wine or beer now & then. (I sure do miss fruity rum drinks, though…too sugary for me now.)

6. fredo
    fredo September 1, 2009 at 3:04 pm | | Reply

even better – vodka and soda has 0 carbs. so you can drink it all night with no effect on BG!

7. Bob Fenton
    Bob Fenton September 1, 2009 at 7:36 pm | | Reply

I am bookmarking this so I know where to go when I need some good belly laughs

Bob