1. Viranth
    Viranth August 19, 2009 at 10:59 am | | Reply

I’m looking into getting a tattoo very soon, the problem I have is what should it look like?

Diabetes will be a part of me for the rest of my life, but I don’t want the tattoo to say “Hey, look at me, I have a lifethreatning disease!”.

I want it there to remind me to take care of myself and that I’m in control.

So when the day comes, that you get one shot a week/month/year, and it’s basically cured. It’s still there to remind me of the care my body needs.

2. Harry
    Harry August 19, 2009 at 7:21 pm | | Reply

I’ve often considered getting a diabetes tattoo. I’ve got other “ink” and it’s never caused me any trouble, but I saw another comment one time on this topic that has changed my mind…tattoos are permanent. However unlikely, there’s that little glimmer of hope that my diabetes isn’t. I don’t want to jinx the cure by getting the tattoo! :)

3. Tampa
    Tampa August 19, 2009 at 8:59 pm | | Reply

The pains are sometimes reflected as something very badly; this is a warning of some ailment which we pruned to suffer. Sometimes we feel a pain in the waist and one in one of the kidneys which we can worry about. These pains are deceptive and sometimes the importance is not relevant. For this reason it is recommendable to get a physical control to recognize the ailment that causes the pain and power and to fight its origin. The pain in the waist, that can be acute or long lasting can return as chronic and is know to medics as lumbar pain. This is a disease that strikes millions of people throughout the world; findrxonline and said that according to statistics 70% of people who have suffered at some point in their life.

4. Chan
    Chan August 25, 2009 at 3:39 am | | Reply

Its really followed that endocrine disorders. AACE also conducts continuing education programs for clinical endocrinologists, physicians whose advanced, specialized training enables them to be experts in the be keen on of endocrine disease, such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, growth hormone deficiency, osteoporosis, cholesterol disorders, hypertension and obesity.

5. Renee
    Renee October 11, 2009 at 4:18 pm | | Reply

I have two tattoos and four piercings. Never had a problem, been diabetic since birth and got everything starting at the age of 15 and now I’m 38, still getting tattoos!!!!

6. Alicia
    Alicia October 21, 2009 at 11:09 am | | Reply

I have been diabetic for 18 yrs, I am 28 now. If i had been asked 10 yrs ago if I wanted a medic alert tattoo branding me of my diabetes…HECK NO! I don’t think any parent should make that choice for their child. I have struggled for years to accept this disease but now I am proud to be a diabetic. As hard as it is to embrace this, I have and I am most definitely getting a tattoo. I just have to design it. I already have 2 tats and multiple piercings and haven’t had an issue with anything healing.