1. Anne Findlay
    Anne Findlay June 2, 2009 at 3:47 pm | | Reply

just wondering why they throw around the word “non-invasive” in the same sentence as “microcapsules in the upper layer of the skin.”

2. chrisk
    chrisk June 2, 2009 at 8:24 pm | | Reply

i really dont care much for the idea of a closed-loop system, at least as it seems to be envisioned now. As long as insulin takes 1/2-1 hour to be absorbed and lasts for about 4, I think a closed loop system is going to have flaws. Also, there are so many variances in our regime that it would be impossible for any system to incorporate. The fact alone that I can eat a huge bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios without problems, but Multi-grain Cheerios sends my sugars skyrocketing tells me that this won’t be a godsend.

I’m also not thrilled to hear the news that Mini-med is buying up potential competition — they could just as easily never let this technology see the light of day in order to remain as profitable as possible.

3. Anne
    Anne June 2, 2009 at 9:14 pm | | Reply

ha ha, didn’t even notice that quote from David Kliff. Or maybe I subconsciously absorbed it!

I wonder what is in those microcapsules? And what happens to them when they stop working? I’m glad people are still trying to solve the glucose sensing technical challenge.

4. health
    health June 2, 2009 at 9:17 pm | | Reply

Closed loop system is a very good system. one can also rely on the accuracy for glucose levels. the basic mechanism is actually biosensors. when Physical sciences and biological sciences shakes hands together, they create history..

5. homemanagement.co.in » Blog Archive » » NewsFlash: Bayer Releases New Home A1c Kit; Medtronic Acquires …

[...] Read more: » NewsFlash: Bayer Releases New Home A1c Kit; Medtronic Acquires … [...]

6. vv111y
    vv111y June 7, 2009 at 12:12 pm | | Reply

I just ordered the AC1 tester today for my Mom. I want to try it at the same time as a lab test to see how accurate it is. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Will

7. John Carlin
    John Carlin June 9, 2009 at 6:48 am | | Reply

While there’s plenty of charts online for converting A1c to estimated blood glucose average, I made a free iPhone app to provide a more fine grained conversion. You can download Pocket A1c at http://sda.sh/itms-a1c (link opens iTunes store).