1. Sara My
    Sara My June 3, 2009 at 8:36 am | | Reply

the color changing pacifier is a brilliant concept – if only we can figure out how to do it. If my dog can tell when I’m having low blood sugar, there should be a way, non-invasively to figure it out.

great ideas Wow – what a great contest you ran

2. Anne Findlay
    Anne Findlay June 3, 2009 at 10:31 am | | Reply

I’m a fan of the Diabetes Digital Cloud!!!

3. Ironman
    Ironman June 3, 2009 at 12:39 pm | | Reply

Just a heads up – that tool for calculating insulin dosages that we developed is now out of prototype and up and running!

4. Johnie
    Johnie June 3, 2009 at 3:56 pm | | Reply

I love the idea of a color changing pacifier, what a fantastic idea! Thanks for the post!

5. pking
    pking June 3, 2009 at 11:22 pm | | Reply

The “diabetes digital cloud” isn’t really creative, but it is by far the most important concept I’ve seen so far from this year’s contest. It’s really not very complicated either, relative to most of the other products that would require physical product development, FDA approval, etc.

I simply want to easily export my data from my BG monitor into an open database on my computer. Even a spreadsheet would be fine. As suggested in the demo, a web site would be fine. From there my data would be available for any manipulation or visualization. Maybe I need to reformat my data so that my doctor can process it more easily? Maybe I want to build something in Google Charts to look at my BG levels from many different angles. I can’t do either of those things with any of the existing software I’ve tried. Animas has probably the best solution I’ve seen, but its still not open. All we need is an export button and we’d be in business…

6. Stuart
    Stuart June 5, 2009 at 10:39 am | | Reply

The cloud would work great with your winner, the iPhone glucose sensor. It frees data from the meter and makes it easily available to patients, parents, and health care professionals. I would like to see what a data visualization expert would do with this data. An open API would allow innovation in data display, charts, graphs (think Charmr) that we are not seeing from the meter companies. I hope they are listening!