1. Michelle
    Michelle May 8, 2009 at 6:36 am | | Reply

oh, the parents at CWD are way ahead of you Amy – we discovered these last year and Kim, bless her heart, started making small kid sized packs just for us. :)

These are GREAT packs. Amazing!

2. Anne
    Anne May 8, 2009 at 8:50 am | | Reply

Kim is great! She is so supportive of Triabetes and the diabetes community and the product is perfectly suited. There are other variations of the spibelt, with extra pockets, or to be worn on the arm. It can also double as a race number belt for running races, triathlons or whatever else. I like to take my meter out of its case and throw it in there with a couple of GU’s when I go for a run…And I often just carry it around with me to keep track of diabetes odds-and-ends.
    -Anne

3. Laura
    Laura May 8, 2009 at 10:35 am | | Reply

I use one from Diabetes Mall, which is also awesome!

The pump slides in the back side and my testing supplies/shot blocks go in the front.

It’s at: http://www.diabetesnet.com/ishop/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=194

Well worth the money!

4. Diabetes Type
    Diabetes Type May 9, 2009 at 1:35 pm | | Reply

Wow, never seen anything like that and have never thought about the need for one, but this is great! great idea and think you for posting it and spreading the word

5. violet
    violet May 9, 2009 at 3:16 pm | | Reply

CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A GOOD IDEA FOR TRAVELING? I AM GOING TO BE ON A PLANE FOR MOST OF A DAY. I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FOOD ON BOARD (AGGGG) WHAT KIND OF CONTAINER CAN I USE TO PUT FOOD IN, ? IT WILL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP THINGS COLD AND NOT BE HEAVY. OH I LEAVE ON THE 12TH ( NO RUSH)

6. Gary
    Gary May 9, 2009 at 5:13 pm | | Reply

This looks good! I’m on my way to place an order…

7. Jeremy
    Jeremy May 11, 2009 at 10:27 am | | Reply

Great idea and great article – I have spoke to many people looking for something similar to this for hiking or running. Great to have!!

8. Gloria
    Gloria May 13, 2009 at 1:59 pm | | Reply

I love the SPIBelt! I bought one when they were selling them at a local race last year. I love it even more that its inventor and the business are based in the best town (and my hometown) in the south (Austin, TX!). I was skeptical at first because I didn’t believe I really could stuff all the things I like to take with me on my jogs, but it goes way beyond my expectations.

The kid’s versions are really cute too!

9. Terry Keelan
    Terry Keelan May 15, 2009 at 2:43 pm | | Reply

Discovered this at the Long Beach 1/2 Marathon in 2007. Great product. I buy a new one each year. BTW, you can clip your pump to the belt.

Terry