1. CALpumper
    CALpumper January 7, 2009 at 7:41 am | | Reply

Love it Amy!
    You were great.
    Not many, seriously and honestly, can smile while talking.
    Definitely better than The ‘betus Brimley!
    Kudos!
    And here’s to educating and bringing awareness to others.

2. Sara My
    Sara My January 7, 2009 at 9:36 am | | Reply

Amy, Great job! You look great and manage to stay articulate – no easy job. I’m forwarding to a T2 friend who just went on insulin a month ago, sending me a note that she had no idea how I did the diabetes thing (Type 1- 45 years!). She, like your dear father, is really not getting educated (even today!!!!) nor helped with the emotional issues involved and it drives me crazy so the more concrete information out there the better. Thanks!

3. Tim
    Tim January 7, 2009 at 10:03 am | | Reply

Love it! Looking forward to more. One thing to note, the 2nd point under “Here’s what pumps can do for you”, is that there is “No need to carry loose diabetes supplies”.

I have found this to be just the opposite. I realize we are talking about different kinds of supplies with a pump vs. MDI’s, but there are definitely supplies that are necessary to carry with you. The recent focus on traveling with a pump really hammered that theme. Just a thought.

Great job Amy!

Tim

4. Lee Ann Thill
    Lee Ann Thill January 7, 2009 at 2:40 pm | | Reply

Very nice, Amy! I was also going to point out the extra supply thing, but other than that one thing, it’s a clear, good basic intro to pumping.

5. tmana
    tmana January 7, 2009 at 5:36 pm | | Reply

Great job! I should note that even today people are being undereducated about diabetes. Mom’s doctor has never broached the idea of testing — though she is the only one of her peers who does not test. She has only been told to take her oral meds in order… she doesn’t even know what an A1c is, much less what hers is… My Other Half’s aunt has had T2 for ten years (also treated by oral meds), and has been told only to test one of three fingertips, and only fasting numbers… last year she had a low which ended up with a call to 911…

On the one hand, I’m really worried about these folk; on the other, short of being there and having the money to pay for supplies for them myself, I don’t have any hope of helping them get on a tighter control schedule…

6. Tom
    Tom January 7, 2009 at 9:51 pm | | Reply

Great video .. can not wait for the next one..

7. » Video Alert: Insulin Pumps, Part 2 - DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] Video Alert: Don’t Look Now But… It Ain’t Wilford Brimley [...]

8. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson January 8, 2009 at 8:55 am | | Reply

Amy! That was fabulous! You did such a great job. :-)

9. Manny Hernandez
    Manny Hernandez January 8, 2009 at 4:15 pm | | Reply

Loved it! I just posted it on TuDiabetes.

10. Anngelia
    Anngelia January 15, 2009 at 7:48 pm | | Reply

Amy I thought you did a great job. I have been a diabetic for over 35 years but I still learn new things all the time from listening to things like this.