1. tmana
    tmana January 13, 2009 at 7:58 am | | Reply

One of the Medicare-suppliers on TV still uses the word “glucometer”, as did Science Channel’s episode of Deconstructed (in which they deconstructed a Bayer Breeze2 and explained how it works).

I would consider sending a link to the video to family members, but for most of them — like me — 130 is the postprandial upper limit (our doctors follow the Joslin recommendations for people without diabetes). According to some Bernstein adherents, people without diabetes never go above 110…
    It might have been more informative to suggest that the stated numbers are guidelines established by the ADA and may vary; “please consult your own doctor to find out for what’s appropriate for you”.

2. Liberty Video Alert No. 4: Using Your Glucose Meter | Pro Health News

[...] more here: Liberty Video Alert No. 4: Using Your Glucose Meter  Mail this post Tagged as: blood sugar, Diabetes, diabetes treatments, diabetes-speaks, food, [...]

3. ST
    ST January 13, 2009 at 2:14 pm | | Reply

A glucose meter sounds more sophisticated. I think it’s an appropriate name for such a device. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and i’m waiting to get mine.

Thx for the video!

4. PE
    PE January 13, 2009 at 2:23 pm | | Reply

I remember when the first time I tested my glucose meter i reached 133… It wasn’t very good so i had to change my diet. Cutting down on those bloody sugars!

I wish i had this video for when i first got the thing, it would have saved me from high sugar levels.

5. leigh1
    leigh1 January 13, 2009 at 5:56 pm | | Reply

Hi Amy,

Yes, I remember the Glucometer. It was made by Bayer and by today’s standards, it was huge. I believe it took two minutes to get the glucose result too! Funny thing, even though I use a One Touch meter today, I still refer to it as my “glucometer”. Yes, I’m an oldtimer! Re the video, I think it’s a good start, however late at night – I’m taking more insulin. Too late for jumping jacks for me!

6. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson January 13, 2009 at 6:04 pm | | Reply

I liked this one too Amy!

Yes, I remember the term gluCOMeter. That’s how they would say it. Rather than GLUCOmeter, or glucoMETER. hehe.

7. Ashley
    Ashley January 13, 2009 at 8:10 pm | | Reply

i remember glucometer. my dad still calls it that, and i bounce back and forth between glucometer and just meter.

good video!

8. Marvin Wasserman
    Marvin Wasserman February 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm | | Reply

How can I get the cable to connect my Free style Lite to my computor?