1. Bruce
    Bruce October 15, 2008 at 7:22 am | | Reply

I’m sorry but I don’t see the point in the ADA! I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for 14 years. I don’t think I feel the ADA has done anything beneficial for me and my daily routine of fighting with diabetes. Have they helped force Insurance companie to provide coverage for diabetics? Have they coerced the government into protecting people with pre-existing conditions? On the website they say they fund research and advocacy. Well I haven’t seen a cure, and everytime someone asks when the medical professionals say “soon”. It’s never going to happen for the same reason that there isn’t a generic insulin drug. The potential of death makes this too lucrative of a business, and that’s what all the phramacy companies and doctors really are, they’re a business. The ADA fosters the lies that a cure is coming. they foster the lies that drug companies and doctors do their best. But I haven’t seen it. I haven’t seen an ADA best doctors in your area! I haven’t seen where the ADA has backed major legislation that has insured I can’t be screwed by insurance companies or doctor fees. The only time I hear from the ADA is when they want money from me, and I politely tell them no, because I have none to give in my yearly budget of 10000 a year for insurance, drugs and doctor visits I dont’ think feeding the beast more money for something that I can’t quantify.

2. Hans
    Hans October 15, 2008 at 8:32 am | | Reply

The best advice for [url=http://alt-support-diabetes.org/newlydiagnosed.htm]newly diagnosed PWDs[/url] and especially typ2s I have found so far is just Jenny’s one page really worth reading – and doing!

3. Monica
    Monica October 15, 2008 at 9:58 am | | Reply

Carbs=form of glucose.

Once it reaches the small intestine, it gets absorbed and enters the blood stream.

=not a hard concept to understand.

And why does the ADA choose to neglect to mention this critical aspect of D care???

Irresponsible and misdirected interests and goals.

4. riva
    riva October 15, 2008 at 10:03 am | | Reply

I’m glad to say in the book I’m writing right now that will come out next spring on debunking diabetes myths there are plenty of web sites mentioned and my personal story of how vacuuming refined carbs out of my diet (thank you Dr. Bernstein) changed my diabetic life.

Should appear on book shelves (oops, and Amazon!) next July, have the words “50 myths” in the title, and if all goes well my name on the cover :)

5. Lee Ann Thill
    Lee Ann Thill October 15, 2008 at 11:30 am | | Reply

Those are two unbelievably monumental hurdles. It’s good to know they specify that it’s geared for T2′s though.

6. vicki
    vicki October 18, 2008 at 3:57 pm | | Reply

The ADA actually PROMOTES poor diabetic health by its continued advocacy of high glycemic index carb foods for diabetics, ignoring the fact that these are the very same foods that cause high BGs. As you said.

7. http://www.unspsc.com/__media__/js/trademark.php?d=causesofheadaches.net&

Greetings from Florida! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can’t
    wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G
    .. Anyways, great blog!