1. Charles
    Charles September 16, 2008 at 10:20 am | | Reply

I like the list of 10 items that Dr. Rubin writes about.
    #10, however, requires you to spend at least $98 for a subscritption to a newsletter about medications that might help or kill you. Perhaps it would be nice if that information was published for free?

2. Bill
    Bill September 16, 2008 at 1:15 pm | | Reply

This is the wrong place to discuss price of somebody else’s product, but it would be nice if they set up an “ordinary mortal” category of subscriber. I’d certainly pay $25-$30/ year for a subscription.

3. tmana
    tmana September 16, 2008 at 6:07 pm | | Reply

Regardless of the biases, there is often useful information to be gathered from medical-industry journals. In addition to conflicts of interest, sample size, statistics used, understanding of unmentioned confounders of the test population or analyses drawn, and exact function of the drug in question can help a patient understand why one’s physician may or may not prefer one drug over another.

Perhaps of more interest is the degree to which medical insurance and pharmaceutical insurance companies are paid off by Big Pharma to push one drug over another for the same condition, where the two drugs may act differently — making one useful for the patient and the other, not as effective (or perhaps even counterindicated).

4. Fernando
    Fernando September 19, 2008 at 6:04 am | | Reply

don’t trust anybody. just me!
    oh, and buy my “for dummies” books.
    nothing says creditability like the word “dummies” in a publication.

5. Fernando
    Fernando September 23, 2008 at 7:07 am | | Reply

There are more roaches than human beings in the planet. That doesn’t make them the better species.
    I guess I’m just tired of people complaining about “big pharma” and generalizing. If it’s “big” its bad. If it’s small an obscure it’s “good”.
    Damn these awful “big pharma” people who sell me insulin, glucose monitors, test strips and insulin pumps to help keep me alive…the bastards.

6. Walter Adamson
    Walter Adamson October 8, 2008 at 5:16 am | | Reply

Dr Rubin is acting out of his own self-interest, as are the drug companies, and if we know that then I think that we can assess each for our own benefit. I don’t think that the whole system has become corrupt, but we certainly need the regulators, and there’s no harm in some skepticism.

Walter Adamson

7. Judy Mac
    Judy Mac May 12, 2010 at 4:29 pm | | Reply

My Internalist insisted I take LISINOPRIL 2MG with my Lantus Insulin. Linsinoprilis a ACE inihibitor used to treat high blood pressure.

I don’t have high blood pressure. She claims it prevents kidney problems later on. What?

Anyone know about this?

8. http://marbletoilets.net/
    http://marbletoilets.net/ February 16, 2013 at 9:09 am | | Reply

All these contribute to acid ratio in 2-Day how to grow taller fast assures that you
    will notice a difference in the U. What are the better your results.
    If you opt for.

9. 2datingtoday.net
    2datingtoday.net February 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm | | Reply

Second: Click Here To Visit Meet Locals This site would be
    very tactful and sincere towards the top Free Dating tips to evaluate their child is sick they are tough enough.

You should contact some singles utilize these free online dating experience
    remains online until you have to share some
    free dating sites. If this occurs on anywhere from 10-40 eligible singles.
    If you’d like to share your problems. Dating online provides the possibility of a match.