1. Kate
    Kate June 27, 2008 at 6:47 am | | Reply

i’m so glad to hear this news! the pathfinder program just makes me say “bleh”. i appreciate the fact that i can download all of my information with the program, but it just isn’t appealing. at all.

i am not feeling a huge need for a cgms at this time, but it would certainly be super cool.

i love my omnipod, too. it’s simply wonderful.

2. Cherise
    Cherise June 27, 2008 at 9:15 pm | | Reply

I’m so Excited I just can’t hide it…I really disliked pathfinder!!! I’ve had it in my hands for almost a month and I can not get the stupid thing to work.

I think I would like the Co-Pilot better alot better I like techinical things! keeps my little mind going.

I am not sure about the dual cannula (CGM) insert but it’s better than having little pepper holes on my finger tips.

Thanks for updating us at TuDiabetes.

P.s.

Your Website Rocks!!!

3. K.C.'s mom
    K.C.'s mom June 30, 2008 at 9:44 pm | | Reply

2 cannulas? Not ok with that. It’s hard enough to move the pod around to new sites every 3 days, can’t imagine having to avoid 2 insertion sites. (Not to mention it hurts!)

4. K.C.'s mom
    K.C.'s mom June 30, 2008 at 9:44 pm | | Reply

5. K.C.'s mom
    K.C.'s mom June 30, 2008 at 9:44 pm | | Reply

6. Elijah M
    Elijah M July 6, 2008 at 8:44 pm | | Reply

In my opinion, having to deal with two cannulas EVERY THREE DAYS is a fair price to pay for not having to do eight to ten finger sticks EVERY DAY. I mean, finger sticks hurt too; and if you ask me, they hurt more than the cannula does. There are a lot more nerves in our fingertips. I can understand wanting CGM to work with a single cannula, but seriously.

Any word on weather the new software will be available for Mac? Or if the web interface will be Mac compatible?

7. trs8088
    trs8088 July 7, 2008 at 5:15 pm | | Reply

Umm…Navigator from Abbott is already CGM integrated with a Blood Glucose Meter…

As to Mac interface – dream on. Most of these companies don’t care about Mac comp’s – it’ll be a long time before they release mac-friendly systems…

8. Elijah M
    Elijah M July 8, 2008 at 5:12 am | | Reply

trs8088: There is no reason for a web interface to not work on a mac. Also, since the iPhone runs on a scaled back version of Mac OS X, it would certainly behoove them to work that operating system into their plans.

9. Andy Rozman
    Andy Rozman July 10, 2008 at 1:54 pm | | Reply

Hi !
    Web interface will work on Mac, only problem will be downloading of data… That one won’t work (probably…) on other systems… Problem is that you have to access physical port on your computer, for which you need special bridge, since this “bridge” is OS specific (sometimes version specific too), this won’t work unless they use bridge that is supported under different OSes… In computer world there is almost always the way, there is just problem, that most developers (or their bosses) are too stupid to take it.
    Andy

10. Brad Necaise
    Brad Necaise July 21, 2008 at 9:17 pm | | Reply

The new One Touch Ping insulin delivery system by Animas is Mac, Windows, and Vista compatible. See details at http://www.onetouchping.com or http://www.animascorp.com.

11. Gary Hall
    Gary Hall August 22, 2008 at 11:50 am | | Reply

Where can one get the cable needed to download records from the Omnipod PDM to a computer? My Omnipod Trainer used one during my follow-up visit, but I did not get the info at the time. It appears to be a wireless-to-USB cable?

12. Nicolas Webb
    Nicolas Webb September 3, 2008 at 11:31 am | | Reply

@Gary Hall:

Just call customer support. They’ll ship it out to you.

I’m personally fixing (from the South :) ) to look into getting the data off the meter in a very platform agnostic way. I run a Mac and while I can (and will) run Windows XP with Office 2003 in a VMWare instance, it’s not ideal.

Hopefully this software will come out soon and I won’t have to write my own :) .

13. Can't wait
    Can't wait May 5, 2009 at 7:00 pm | | Reply

I can’t wait for the integrated omnipod/CGM – I don’t care if there are 2 cannulas!