The Babes & Studs of Diabetes

Today, a little more Monday Madness. December is upon us. Time for all those cheesy Xmas gift ideas. Which got me thinking, why don’t we PWDs (people with diabetes) have a 2008 pin-up calendar of our own?

Something like this perhaps — The Babes & Studs of Diabetes:

Could be a nice little stocking stuffer, ay? Pass the egg nog — or better yet, don’t ;)

1. Elijah M
    Elijah M December 3, 2007 at 8:56 am | | Reply

I would keep Halle Berry off that calendar altogether. The way things are going for her, she may work her way up even further from type 2 diabetes to a mild case of chocoholism; then the calendar will become obsolete.

2. Sara
    Sara December 3, 2007 at 9:29 am | | Reply

Mark Consuelos?

Since when?

3. Allison Blass
    Allison Blass December 3, 2007 at 9:45 am | | Reply

Sharon Stone? Are you sure? I haven’t heard that one… Same with the Mark Conseulos.

You also forgot Nicole Johnson, Doug Burns, and Phil Southerland! They are much more attractive and way more worthy of a calendar placement than Mark, Sharon and good ole Halle.

4. Nick
    Nick December 3, 2007 at 10:02 am | | Reply

Man, I wish Angelina Jolie had diabetes!

5. Karen S.
    Karen S. December 3, 2007 at 10:31 am | | Reply

Hmm…I think we should do a FUNNY calender..with pictures of test strip art and needle art! How fun would that be? Of course we could just have a diabetesmine calender for people who win t-shirts or something. Haha! :-)

6. Scott
    Scott December 3, 2007 at 10:45 am | | Reply

I’m not a fan of this idea; it objectifies a subject that deserves more serious consideration than the type of media coverage routinely given to such shallow programs as Access Hollywood, rather than giving more serious attention to the needs of the diabetes community. Thumbs down on this idea.

7. AmyT
    AmyT December 3, 2007 at 11:22 am | | Reply

Hey Guys,
    The all-knowing Web says that Sharon Stone has T1 and that Mark Consuelos has pre-diabetes and is a major advocate.

Don’t like the babes & studs selected here? Make your own calendar! I’d love to see what you guys come up with :)

8. Michelle
    Michelle December 3, 2007 at 11:33 am | | Reply

oh I nearly wet myself laughing.

For Scott – lighten up.

9. Cara
    Cara December 3, 2007 at 7:22 pm | | Reply

I’d buy it!!

10. Cesar
    Cesar December 5, 2007 at 10:45 am | | Reply

I knew Nick Jonas had Diabetes, (I guess we all did) It was inspiring to know he had T1. He got on the onmipod, I didn’t know that until I got on it too. It was also great to know that.