I Don’t Do Resolutions

No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I’m going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and “start over” being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I’m going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.

New_year_2008

A few great links to kick off your new year:

* Coffee lovers (that’s me): Check out Starbuck’s new “Skinny” Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories… carb-count TBD.

* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine’s Picture of Health contest. Tell ‘em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.

* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.

* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth… a point which the Simpson’s hammer home so nicely in their “Dental Health for Mental Health” video on YouTube. Ha!

* Keep your eyes peeled for Google’s new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.

Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!

1. Andre
    Andre December 31, 2007 at 7:30 am | | Reply

Thanks for the great links Amy! I got some great advice about resolutions…focus on what you did good (not what you HAVE to change) during the year and continue doing so!

2. Lauren
    Lauren January 1, 2008 at 11:33 pm | | Reply

I really appreciate this blog keeping me up to date — I am now trying Apidra thanks to your mention of it. I’m also anxiously awaiting ViaJect’s approval. I am learning that being a “pushy patient” or, if you prefer, “a patient from hell” is the only way to try new things. Since my A1c is good, most practitioners follow the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” rule. However, it’s a lot of WORK to maintain good control on Lantus and Humalog, and quality of life is such an important consideration. When I’m a doctor (in 4 years, God willing) I’ll never underestimate the quality of life factor.

3. Jula Hanf
    Jula Hanf January 8, 2008 at 8:11 am | | Reply

Hello Everyone.

Since I nearly lost my husband from this terrible disease I have become
    almost obsessive about beating it!

Thats when I discovered Melabic.

Melabic is a Sugar Stabilizer comprised of the following Ingredients

Biotin, Chromium and Zinc – Helps to make move and use insulin

Cinnamon and Fenugreek – Helps lower Cholesterol and reduce triglycerides to support your heart and circulation

Banaba and Bitter Melon – “natural insulins” giving your pancreas time to
    rest, helps you shed the pounds…
    Gymnema – balances blood sugar and may actually help regenerate insulin
    producing cells

Find out more information here

Julia

4. Dave Eames
    Dave Eames January 15, 2008 at 11:35 pm | | Reply

Had my 6 monthly check up yesterday

HbA1c up from 7.4 to 7.9
    BP up to 140/80
    Cholesterol up to 4.9

Been on Melabic for just over two months. What a load of rubbish.

5. Grady Fuller
    Grady Fuller May 13, 2008 at 9:22 am | | Reply

Is the medication “Melabic” just another swindle on the sick?

6. Sebastien
    Sebastien May 7, 2010 at 5:46 pm | | Reply

I am always worried that despite technological advances there is no immediate cure for Diabetes. There are so many companies that benefit from the sale of Generic drugs for diabetes suffers. This desease continues to kill millions of people slowly.