In All Its Glory

Ah, what a night in San Francisco! Wind-still, fresh, and diabetes-awareness clear blue sky as far as the eye could see.

I’m just back home from the lighting of Coit Tower here in the City for World Diabetes Day. And she was a beauty:

Coit_tower_0

Coit_tower_2_4

Also, the official proclamation:

San_francisco_world_diabetes_day__2

And a peek at us organizers — Kelly Close and myself in the middle (me in blue :) , surrounded by folks from the Bay Area chapter of the ADA and from the San Francisco Dept. of Public Health. (I’ll get you names in the morning, tired now…)

Wdd_sf_organizers

[Update: The folks above are, from left, Lisa Bishop of the Greater Bay Area ADA; Alisa Bekins of Close Concerns; Yours Truly; Kelly Close of Close Concerns; Tony Price, chairman of the ADA's San Francisco chapter, and Christina Carpenter and Libby Albert from the SF Dept. of Public Health. Thank you all!]

It was no less than fabulous to feel like a part of something so big today. See the global reach of World Diabetes Day in Pictures HERE .

1. Amylia
    Amylia November 15, 2007 at 12:50 am | | Reply

awesome! great photos. Taipei 101 looked pretty cool, too, over here in Taiwan.

Thanks for your post, tired and all. And thanks for all you do for us diabetics! :)

2. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson November 15, 2007 at 8:10 am | | Reply

Very, very cool Amy! Thanks to you and everyone else involved.

3. Elinor
    Elinor November 15, 2007 at 9:46 am | | Reply

Great Day !! The whole concept was terrific and the pictures awesome. Wish I could have seen the tower in person!

4. gina
    gina November 15, 2007 at 11:00 am | | Reply

Thats awesome. The empire state building was in blue too.

5. Skinny Guy
    Skinny Guy November 15, 2007 at 8:26 pm | | Reply

All the different monuments looked impressive in blue. I wish I could have gotten to NYC to see the Empire State Building…

6. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell November 16, 2007 at 3:26 am | | Reply

Nice pictures Amy. I really like the second one of Coit Tower.

Good job organizing. I’m not sure anyone in Boston organized something. I’ll have to get on the ball for next year.

7. Cesar
    Cesar December 6, 2007 at 5:35 am | | Reply

Nice job Amy, keep us updated!!