Health 2.0: The Movement

Here’s the conference intro / wrap-up video on the recent Health 2.0 event in San Francisco. I am not posting this because I like to see myself on camera, believe you me. Because honestly, I think I look yucky on camera these days (you heard me — yucky! — pale with dark circles and all that).

But this short V-report from ICYou (the new “YouTube of Healthcare”) sums up the conference and the movement that is Health 2.0 better than I could with any number of cleverly worded bullet points.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming: life with diabetes (the best we can make of it :)

1. Albert
    Albert September 28, 2007 at 11:35 am | | Reply

I like how Gale Wilson-Steele put it as…
    “It’s going to be the changing in relationships”

2. Colleen
    Colleen September 28, 2007 at 3:29 pm | | Reply

I especially liked Matthew Holt’s comment, “It’s all about communities.”
    A little over two years ago I was told I have diabetes. Thanks to an article in the Wall Street Journal, I found Diabetes Mine, and was off and reading blogs and more blogs. Hadn’t done that before and can’t do without it now. Amy graciously responded to my first note and I felt like I’d found a friend.
    Back when I was a new mom – 30 years ago – I probably wouldn’t have survived motherhood without my friends’ support. I feel the same way now. The knowledge and support of other bloggers w/ diabetes, our community, has been a tremendous help to me.
    So – thanks Amy, and the rest of you who continue to inform me/us!

3. Elinor
    Elinor September 28, 2007 at 8:49 pm | | Reply

Great job Amy and you
    looked terrific!!

4. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell September 29, 2007 at 2:51 am | | Reply

Amy

You look great. Thanks for the pointer to the summary video.

It’s interesting that search is mentioned a few times. I wonder if they’re talking about something other than just Google or my diabetes search engine.

Do you know whether any podcasts from the conference are available?

5. Amylia
    Amylia September 30, 2007 at 6:45 am | | Reply

Veeeery interesting stuff here. Thanks, Amy. I think you looked just lovely. And, I agree with Colleen about the support found in these virtual places–lifelines, indeed.

6. AmyT
    AmyT September 30, 2007 at 5:56 pm | | Reply

Goodness, Bernard, I’ve been reporting on the “bjillions” of new specialized health search sites, including Microsoft’s new HealthVault. See the listings at these posts:

and

plus many more to come, I’m sure.

7. Jebs House
    Jebs House April 23, 2008 at 1:24 am | | Reply

I’m not sure what the hold-up is… maybe they have re-thought their stance on how this is going to actually make the company any money. Or perhaps their lawyers pointed out the liability of providing agents a platform to stick their feet in their mouth. Whatever it is, it’s hardly something I’d claim as being “Well done”.